Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: Migration of UserVoice to Support Community

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

UserVoice is now closed and its content has been migrated to the Support Community. As mentioned in the message below, all posts with 30 or most posts were migrated, as were all posts (regardless of comment count) that were less than one month old. 

With the forums merged, we are excited to more easily able to enage with our customers! Thank you!

Previous message

If you have previously posted ideas and bug reports on the Premiere Pro UserVoice forum, you might be wondering where those posts have gone. Good news! They are still on the UserVoice forum and will be migrated over to their new home on our Support Community. We ask that if you've already posted an idea on UserVoice that you don't re-post it here. 

The UserVoice forum is still active and, as of January 19, 2023 is in read-only mode. Within a few days, existing ideas from UserVoice will be mgirated to the new foruam here.  

Here's a FAQ to help explain. 

Q: Why is Adobe migrating UserVoice to the Support Community?
A: We have added features to Support Community to make it easy to posts ideas and bug reports. We believe that having these reports in our main forum will make it easy for our customers to give us feedback, and for us to track and respond to that feedback. Other products, including Photoshop and After Effects, have already completed the mgiration. 

Q: Can I still post on UserVoice?
A: As of January 19, 2023, no. UserVoice is in ready-only mode. If you would like to vote or comment on an idea that is on UserVoice, wait until it has been migrated here. If you're posting a new idea or bug report, postit here now.

Q: Will everything be migrated from UserVoice?
A: No. We plan to migrate any idea or bug post that has 30 or more votes. We will also migrate any post that has been created in the last 30 days, regardless of how many votes it has. There are approximately 300 posts with 30 or more votes. 

Q: If an existing post on UserVoice has less than 30 votes, can I recreate it here?

A: Definitely! We welcome new posts and if you've got an idea or a bug report we need to know about, please post it. 

Q: When will the migration of posts from UserVoice happen?
A: The work will be done by the end of January. 

If you've got other questions or comment, let us know. 

Regards,

Fergus 

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have questions, how do I get an answer.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to ask here, Stuart.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a postive idea to bring bug issues and idea proposals under one roof.

Have you identified yet how a user will post what they think is a 'Bug' and what is an 'Idea/New feature request'.

Will you have NEW clearly identified categories created on which you can click then enter your text - and search.

At the moment I don't see any new categories other than the existing ones ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear - I have just gone back to the root of the Premiere forum and seen the 'Bug' and 'Idea' tabs.

I did have a late night....

I have answered my own question which is always a good thing !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this occured yet ? I am yet to find any of the user voice posts in this forum ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heathenlamb,

Good question! I checked a few and don't see any either. And it looks to me from the "When" paragraph in @Fergus H's post, that they will move them at the same time after putting UserVoice into  Read Only mode. And it is still working, so that hasn't happened yet.

I pay close attention to the requests so I can help spread the word and encourage upvotes. Fergus doesn't note it, but one category of requests that is a bit odd is those with MANY votes for which the programmers are already in the process of making the requested change. Most of these are being worked on in the public Beta version, but may not appear in a release version for a while.

Others, like the new "Upgrade Caption to Graphic" are in the release version.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for repeating this info in another thread, I don't know why I overlooked this clear and useful  post, @Fergus H !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fergus H @Kevin-Monahan 

Happy New Year!

Fergus, can we get an update on the migration of Uservoice requests? There are several that need new tweaks/upvotes, and I am hesitant to recommend new bug/idea posts here is they are going to migrate soon.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not waitng Stan ... I'm just putting them in 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else getting inundated wtih a backlog of all their previous UserVoice email subscriptions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just got a ton of emails as well.

I'm quite concerened about Adobe's move away from Uservoice. Adobe has a long history of "losing"/deleting/censoring posts on their own forums, for whatever unknown reasons. They coudln't do that on Uservoice, since it's a 3rd party website.

To give just one example, my massive bug report/feature request spreadsheet now has a lot of dead links to old forum posts: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M638dUqcm1xCKh_LqutCjNa4ZUjKlsN-LplqVa2Alz0/edit#gid=1133868...

I myself no longer contribute much on the Adobe forums. I used to do some high-effort posting and contribututions here, but so many of those threads have been lost or deleted. It's just not worth it. I often find the REAL answers to my issues on other forums like creative cow . net.

The adobe zombie will keep ambling on, and we'll keep feeding it. One day I'll retire and not have to worry about all these annoying problems with the software. One day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyler; Taran,

I have not gotten emails. Example? Are these ones you added? Or ones you commented on?

I received a recent action report of some type. But not lots.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admire all of the work you've put into that speadsheet and accompanying FRs Taran!  I think you and I are probably the top 2 contributors of FRs and BRs. 

I agree with you that Adobe censoring perfectly valid FRs is concerning.

It happened to my "Add middle mouse button functionality " FR.  It was declined by Bruce Bullis for the completely shortsighted opinion that "Most users don’t have middle mouse buttons, which makes it hard for us to rely on its presence.", even though all Adobe programs DO use the middle mouse button, including Pr!

I responded with this post: "Hi guys, I just created a new FR for AE-style middle mouse button functionality here

Please take a look and vote! When people like Bruce think they can shut down our perfectly valid requests for nonsensical reasons, we need to speak up rather than give up!"

But the post in that link got removed/censored.  A lot of the effort you and I do, Taran, unfortunately seems to be in vain since too many people working at Adobe, it seems, refuse to listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"They coudln't do that on Uservoice, since it's a 3rd party website."

UserVoice is a 3rd party tool but our use of it is completely controlled by Adobe employees. There are reasons we will delete posts but it isn't common and our policy for doing so will be exactly the same here as it was on UserVoice.

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrome_DKFgkumpCs.png

chrome_kSusoDDIM6.png

  

I think the "conversation type" selection gets ignored - I made several posts about bugs and selected "bug" as the category, but they all got posted in the general  discussions forum because I had clicked the top-page post button while viewing the wrong forum? This feels really unintuitive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WangleLine,

I found the same thing. And that is not what I expect or what is implied by having a "conversation type" as the required selection.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WangleLine,

Sorry for the issue. The forums team has fixed the bug. It is working now.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chrome_Pw3zhAbkGI.png

It's still weird and broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked one of my FRs that was transferred over but the illustrations did not get transferred together with the text.  Is this true of all posts that were transferred over?  If so, talk about a poor job transferring posts from one forum to another!!! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which FR? I thought images were not coming, but then I saw some and thought perhaps they were transferred later?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed my illustration missing in this FR: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/improve-snapping-in-effect-controls-window-so-it-d...

BUT, I just noticed the illustrations are indeed present in other posts of mine, so I guess it was just a bug in that particular thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre,

I don't see the illustration in the original uservoice either:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41067520-improve-snapping-i...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines