Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback

May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, this is a bit cluncky and i have very little time to understand how to work this forum out - all i want is to drop a couple points about my recent usage of premiere pro cc since the update

a) where the hell is title ? legacy title ? i just want to click on a button and create a title - that's what i do, no need for fancy stuff - not sure if it was replaced by something super nicer but frankly i don't care - i use this minimalistically ( not quite sure if that's a word but meh )

b) create a bin, double click to open the bin, select the files to import to that bin, files don't get imported there - not quite sure if this is now working as intended but it used to make a lot more sense to me to do it the previous way, specially since i use different cameras when shooting

c) is there a way to watch 4 imported clips at the same time and just chose which one you want to cut in ? nevermind this isn't a feedback question that's annoying me, i'll google this one

ok - it's outta my chest, i can go work on video now

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Filling out shooternz's response a bit.

a) File/New/Legacy Title is the path to the old titling tool. For simple stuff, after you've looked at a couple tutorials, the new one is pretty slick, really ... but you have to learn the way it's built to be used first.

b) Importing into a selected bin is a problem with this build, and they're working on getting that fixed in the next release.

c) ... Perhaps a "multicam" editing process would do what you want?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A - ITs in the Menu Bar

B - ?

C - No...how would that be possible at the same time.   Normal routine is to review each selected take and make a choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be as simple as New Item > Title... now is File > New > Legacy Title ?

Looks dumb to me but, then again, i've been on a 15 day streak doing 12h shifts so maybe i'm missing something here

I can't think of any other way to describe this other than making a video for it

And, I guess I'll continue using DaVinci for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filling out shooternz's response a bit.

a) File/New/Legacy Title is the path to the old titling tool. For simple stuff, after you've looked at a couple tutorials, the new one is pretty slick, really ... but you have to learn the way it's built to be used first.

b) Importing into a selected bin is a problem with this build, and they're working on getting that fixed in the next release.

c) ... Perhaps a "multicam" editing process would do what you want?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niel you magnificent bastard, that's exactly what I was looking for - the multicam stuff

I also got the hint for RTFM so whenever I have a bit of time I'll look for the much nicer newer way to do it

the selected bin keeps annoying me because i shoot with several cameras that I just leave rolling and have an odd enough process when working on them files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it was as simple as RTFM! Sigh. No, they don't really have a compete how-to for their cool new toy.

You have to go to other sources ... although the top one of these two is by James Strawn, who appears here as jstrawn with his Adobe badge as I believe he's on the design team for this EGP. But these show it pretty decently.

Essential Graphics in Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 on Vimeo

reTooled.net – After Effects & Premiere Pro – April 2017- The Essential Graphics Panel in Depth

The NEW Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Spring Update) - YouTube

The bin thing ... yea, that's a pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

many thanks, sir - i'll have a look over coffee break - you have an awesome editing sunday yourself !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines