Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Field_Aware_Video_Filter is not working

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All!.

I am developing some premiere pro plugins.

SDK: CC 2015

Development Tool: visual studio 2015

I am checking in Premiere Pro cc 2017 and cc 2018

By the way Simple_Video_Filter is working, but Field_Aware_Video_Filter is not working....

(I install the Field Aware Video Filter plugin, but there is no it in Video Effects menu )

Would you let me know why it doesn't appear in Video Effects menu?

Regards,

Anthonie.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Hi Anthonie,

The Premiere video filter samples were removed in the CC 2017.1 SDK, in favor of effect plug-ins using the After Effects effect API, which can be made compatible with both After Effects and Premiere Pro.  Since you are starting a new project, it's definitely recommended to start from the latest APIs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthonie,

The Premiere video filter samples were removed in the CC 2017.1 SDK, in favor of effect plug-ins using the After Effects effect API, which can be made compatible with both After Effects and Premiere Pro.  Since you are starting a new project, it's definitely recommended to start from the latest APIs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Zac.

I am trying to use setup dialog of the sample.

Would you explain about setup dialog(how to put some inputs and buttons on modal dialog?) ?

Regards,

Anthonie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the After Effects effect API, there are many more parameter types available for effects, including button parameters.  There is also custom parameter UI for drawing custom controls directly in the Effect Controls panel.

What types of inputs are you looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Zac.

I am going to display a modal dialog to get new parameter values from user.

This is from SDK.

fsSetup
Optional. Sent when the filter is applied, if fsInitSpec doesn’t allocate a valid specsHandle. Also
sent when the user clicks on the setup link in the Effect Controls Panel. The filter can optionally
display a (platform-dependent) modal dialog to get new parameter values from the user.

But I am not sure how can I display a modal dialog.

Would you explain about that?

Regards,

Anthonie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthonie, please use the latest SDKs.  It is not in either of our best interests for you to develop using a legacy API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Zac.

If I use the latest SDKs, I think the plugins will not work with old version of After Effects and Premiere Pro.

I am worrying it.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can build backwards-compatibility into the plug-ins you create.  Certain features may not be available, but you can check for the availability of these features at runtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines