• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Import Failure

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import 40 or so clips shot all from the same day of 4k drone footage. For some reason 30 or so get imported and the rest show up with this error. When I go to play the same file from windows media player it plays perfectly fine. I am using the most up to date premier pro cc 2017 and uninstalling then re trying does nothing.

screen shot.jpg

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple thins I would recommend.

First, don't use the C: drive for anything but Widows and Programs.  Move the media to another internal hard drive dedicated to camera media only.

If that alone doesn't resolve the issue, report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response on some options! Unfortunately even when I put all the files onto my D: drive and then went about trying to import them into premier I got stuck with the same issue. Only some of my files imported and the rest give me an import error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Try step 2h to begin with.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having the same issue uploading 4k footage from my Phantom P4P+ drone... Was able to move one file over - getting error msg "File has no Audio or Video streams" on all the other files. 

Help!

Best,

Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried step 2h above and still not working.  Tried building a new project saving to a new drive and still getting the same error.  Not able to work on these file in Premiere Pro.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Much thanks!

Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rename mov to mp4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my files are saved as "mp4"...

I just shot some beach vids and was able to move over all files into PR except for one (same error).  Was the last file and unfortunately it was the one I needed.

Still looking for solution.

Best,

Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is error message when I try to load the last file

Problem Loadding 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to pull up and view but cannot move into Premier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What solved the issue for me was copying the file that wouldn't import, and renaming it to something slightly different.

For example: DJI_0019 renamed to DJI_0019_1.

I was then able to import without issue, and edit the file as normal.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why renaming the file fixed the problem completely but it did. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with Premiere Pro CC 2017. In my case it's a 10GB few hour long file in 1080p in MOV format. I'm converting to MP4 and renamed completely to see if this will resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up to confirm that a file format change from MOV did work in my case, even thought most of my camera's files are MOV and function without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had the same error message.  I tried to rename the files and it didn't help with linking the media.

What did help was erasing the file completely from my project (it was saved in the project within a slide I created) and also from my H Drive?  I will then import the file back in directly to the project to try to use the file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the free version of Filmora and could import the files Premiere Pro CS5 could not.  I edited them easily and exported.  Premiere imported 1 of 3, I edited it (painstakingly) and exported, it had jumpy parts, green, etc. not usable at all.   I am using an ASUS laptop with i7 processor, 16gb ram, 64 bit.  Not sure why program works and CS5 doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm in the same situation. Tried everything. Why is this such a common problem?

I get the message  "A low-level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer;39) when uploading from the media browser.

All 3 footage projects have the same issue. Few will import, most will not.

I will try playing with the settings in the p4 pro. Saw a  YouTube video and report back.

Honestly though, why should I pay a subscription for Adobe PP and have these issues.

I have had this for 2 weeks now. Close to giving up on PP and ask for a refund. That's if they will oblige.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you try this

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), or (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juan

Thanks for the advice.

It was partially successful. 23 out of 28 imported. Before 4 of 28.

Hmmm, wonder why those 5 are unsuccessful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I assumed that it had to work with all, the error "A low-level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer; 39)", is related to a problem or conflict with the decoding of hardware video and the card integrated video

If you do not see the same message is another question, if it is the same message, maybe you gave it of eat very fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, same message is still coming up on failed imports.

Might be another setting that can be changed in another location.

The search continues....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, so what I did in the video setting today, was change from mov to mp4 in my p4 pro +.  10 out of 10 clips imported via media browser successful.

I'm myth'd still why PP will import some Mov files and not another. I've looked at two clips with identical properties and one will import while the other will not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install Microsoft Media Feature Pack, it solved my files  importing problem.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines