• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not linking or linking only audio after update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my CC to the 2018 (On mac) my files are not linking correctly on old timelines. When I attempt to relink they randomly only do some audio vs video clips.

Sometimes when it links it says selected file does not contain video media used by clip reference in one or more sequences... these clip references will be deleted.

I've moved/delated the cache. uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any idea's what going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

So my relinking fixed with 12.1.1 (build 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:

At least in my case:

Had the same issue of the majority of my media offline after updating Premiere pro and I was unable to relink successfully.

Solved the issue by updating my macOS to High Sierra, was previously El Capitan. Re linking still didn't work, so I changed the name of the folder the footage was located in, just by adding a extra word, then re opened the project. The missing footage prompt appeared, I relinked to the new folder location and all my timeline was restored back to normal.

Not sure how much affect updating the macOS did, cause I didn't try renaming before I updated it, but at least it worked in the end in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And PC solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cow forums I was able to find a link to a converter to make Premiere Pro projects usable in older versions of the program. Changes the XML and worked great for me.  

Premiere Project Downgrader - Free prproj Version Convert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that this is ANY sort of solution, but it is an annoying workaround. When you do the relink, you can right click, the file that SHOULD work, and reveal in finder/whatever PC mumbo. Then duplicate the file, and use the duplicate with the different filename.

It seems to be a filename issue. If you duplicate the file, modify the original filename and rename the duplicated file the original filename you'll get the same error.

So I'm currently going through all 65 missing clips and doing this. I'll let you know if I run into anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.1.2 released anyone tried Premiere pro to see if it has been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the latest update (12.1.2) which does contain several fixes around files importing as audio only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not available in the CC desktop app yet, but it looks like it may take a day or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't seeing the update, try restarting your machine, it often resolves issues with the latest updates not appearing on the creative cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Relinking doesn't always work but the files are there. Some files relink, others don't. Have to do it one by one.  Created a new bin and put the offline files in there.  That helped a bit, but some still not relinking and the files are there on the drive. Sometimes only the audio links. I've chewed up days on this!    Help!  I have 12.1.2 (build 69)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I have a massive project that will not relink the original media clips.  It all says the (audio) is not the same.  It is the same file.

The original project was edited on a Windows Machine with an older version of Premiere Pro.  When switching to a Mac and 2022 version of Premiere Pro, it will not relink the original .MOV media clips.  All the codecs are correct, even Pro Res files from the camera do not import. 

I have 4,000+ clips that are not re-linking.  Premiere Pro is not a Professional application.

They should have an option to Force Media import when relinking.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines