• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Dropped while realtime playback Premiere Pro 2023

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble regarding of Frame Dropped while realtime playback in Premiere Pro 2023.

It happens randomly and it happens even if there is nothing in my Timeline(black). 

I am usually handling HD(1920x1080) XDCAM .mxf  (59.94i) files. these are not heavy files . 

My coumputer specification is like below. I am pretty sure it enough for using Premiere Pro 

- OS : Window 10 64bit (Manufacture : Dell, Precision 5820 Tower-X Series )

- Graphic : Nvidia RTX3070 (Using Latest Studio Driver) ← Using this driver CUDA option. 

- Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980XE CPU @ 3.00Ghz

- RAM : 128GB 

- Audio Playback : black magic design 

I have searched about this issue in Internet. I couldn't solve this problem yet.

I am using Nvidia Studio and I deleted all caches.. 

I have changed many playback and timeline options in Premiere Pro. 

What else can I try ?? 

Plz help me !

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your media is long-GOP, much XAVC is. And the CPU does not show having QuickSync, so it cannot do "hardware" processing of long-GOP media. The GPU may be helping some on that, but ... @RjL190365 would be the expert on that.

And that could be the nature of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I didn't know that my processor 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980XE' don't support QuickSync...

I think long-GOP is that nature of the problem... how can i solve.. Thx again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long-GOP media is a right pain at times. Most of the colorists I know, if the job comes in to their shop with any significant drone/mirrorless/iPhone type long-GOP, it gets transcoded before being added to the project on their machine. They have massive hardware, are used to working with 8k RAW and log files ... and don't wanna work with a DJI 4K file at. All.

So there are several options.

The first, "old school editing" process, is to simply set a watch folder up in MediaEncoder. Set to 

re-encode anything that appears in the folder to say ProRes422 or a DNx variant, put it in Y output folder. That runs overnight or while you're at lunch, so you don't spend any time with it.

Then used those files in the project, when done with the project, delete the t-codes as you can always remake new ones if needed.

The second option is making proxies which is pretty easy. Right-click a group of files in the bin in the Project panel, "create proxies", choose a say ProRes option. It brings up Me to make them, and as available, links the original to the proxies.

While working, you can have a toggle icon in the Program monitor, or set a keyboard shortcut, and toggle to proxy for general editing playback, back to original for say color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the problem:

XDCAM is highly compressed and has absolutely no hardware acceleration at all from either your CPU or your GPU. This forces everything on your CPU–in software-only mode, at that. This is because although your GPU technically hardware-accelerates MPEG-2-encoded video like your footage, no video editing software currently utilizes that capability (likely because current NLE software treats all MPEG-2 video as legacy), effectively restricting its use to video player software.

And then, interlaced video is even more CPU-intensive than progressive-scan video to process in an NLE program simply because the program itself has to perform both deinterlacing and reinterlacing all on the fly, especially after effects are added on. This can, and does, result in dropped frames during playback.

Finally, the dropped frames indicate that your media drive (that is, the drive that you have your working footage located at) may be too slow to handle that footage, especially with the additional load from the NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx you so much for your reply,

I have tried to play .mov(Prores 422 HQ 24p) files, but these are same. There are dropped Frames. 

hmm,, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact make and model of your media drive? Is that drive an SSD, an HDD or a thumb drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is SSD model ! HITACHI OPEN-SCSI DSIK DEVICE

however, i found out that the problem is getting less after downgrading driver version of NVIDA GPU. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines