Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frames from different clips shows up where its not supposed to

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been having a problem for a couple of months and its driving me crazy.  Right now I'm using Premiere Pro CC v11.1.0. (Just updated)

Okay so here is the thing. Imagine that u have clip A and clip B next to eachother. Now if u want to extend clip B the last frame from clip A is stuck where clip B used to start. And if i delete that frame and drag clip B back its still the same frame from clip A. Even if i import clip B into the timeline again it will still show that stupid frame. And the same thing will happen to clip B and clip C. Basically every time I cut from one clip to another, the last frame from the first clip is merged into the first frame of the last clip. Ive seen others on here with the same problem, but no answers. Is there anyone out there that can help me cure this disease?

Henrik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Hi, I just posted because I was having this same issue but might have found a solution! At least it worked for me. Part of the problem (I think) was that I was working with some 4K footage and some 1080p footage, but all of it was shot in 60fps. In my sequence settings, video frame and video preview were set to 3840 x 2160 and 1920 x 1080 respectively, and my timebase was set to 60.01 frames per second. I set timebase to 60.00 fps, and hit the "Reset" icon in the Video Preview section under sequ

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You absolute legend, I was pulling my hair out.  I had rebuilt the cache, swapped out footage, all sorts.  But by fiddling with the Sequence Settings and hitting reset, it fixed it for me.  So the issue is buried in there somewhere, and the fix is to just prod the setttings, even if you put them back after.  Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a ton! This response was fantastic.

/Harald 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nest your clips it should get rid of those unwanted frames 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. thanks. 

Still appalling Adobe DONT fix issues like this for paying subscribers. Every bug has a "work around" that slows your production process. It's an embarrassment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's Feb 2021 and I just had this issue. It seems like this is an issue with the rendered preview files. Setting my In and Out point around the timeline, going to Sequence > Delete Render Files In to Out seemed to fix it. You may need to re-render your sequence but try to edit without if possible to prevent it from happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer needs to be at the top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I encountered this problem recently and managed to resolve it by adjusting the sequence settings. In my case, I changed the timebase from 29.97 fps to 30fps & this essentially eradicated the issue. You'll need to review and cut your footage accordingly afterwards to ensure everything is still in sync but this is a necessary evil in the grand scheme of things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Cap. God bless ya! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution!!! Delete render files and re render!!! It works!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2gtJ9qkVr-k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe this is still an issue in 2022! Had this issue as well recently. The rendering solve needs to be out at the top. Thanks community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it totally does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work for me :((( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have to say after years of reading solutions and not asking anything, i have activated an account only to say THANKS both for the question and also the answer exposed here. This is really a time saver. Thanks again Seth and Henrik 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five years on this glitch continues to plague us all - the delete rendered files doesn't quite solve it, nor a few other fixes on this thread. 

A long awaited patch would be nice Adobe, thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mhy clips fully merg into naoither and cereate media that doesnt exist. WTF Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I'm hving this exact same issue at the moment and it's driving me bonkers trying to figure out why these flash frames won't go away> had to come online to look for help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I think I tried everything everyone said on here, and nothing was working unfortunately. I'm pretty sure there was some user error for sure, and I messed up the clips and project up when copying files over as well as a copying and using a previous project for this client to try and save time (talk about backfiring!). Then my new drone somehow named clips the same file name as my old drone and I didn't catch it until after I was already well into the project and made all the proxies (which then created another problem...ha, ha!), etc. HOWEVER (I hope you like run-on sentences), what I FINALLY FIGURED OUT that worked for me is the Rate Stretch Tool (R) that I'm not as familiar with...and that did the trick! It's probably just a work-around, but I don't care at this point because it fixed what I was having issues with, and will maybe be helpful and save someone else hours and hours of troubleshooting. So give that a try if nothing else seems to work for you either, because I was able to end and start the clips exactly where I wanted on the beat, without them carrying over incorrectly into the next clip for whatever reason. (Hopefully this makes sense...good luck!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines