• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GeForce MX250: Unsupported Video Driver

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I've installed Premiere Pro Recently and when I tried to run it after installation, This was the error I got.

59DA8046-FB8C-45BA-84A5-E7AFC1F7DE07.jpeg
I have NVIDIA Control Panel Pre Installed and I followed the instructions it has given me when I hit "fix". It redirected me to download the studio drivers for my gpu. But there were no studio drivers available for MX250. I tried installing it on someone else's laptop which also has MX250 and it started up perfectly without any issues. Please help me out with this. Thanks in Advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

There is no hope. Since version 14.3.2, Premiere Pro will now require Studio drivers (which are, unfortunately, incompatible with any non-GTX or non-Titan or non-RTX GPU or with any GPU older than the Pascal-based GTX 10 series) and full 10-bit OpenGL output capability in order to even run properly. Even with a supported GPU, the Game Ready drivers will lock the output to only 8-bit output through OpenGL. And in newer versions of Premiere Pro, this will disable all hardware acceleration and you'

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I have bought a new computer with RTX 2060 GPU
since posting this thread. So I should be ok for a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

Thanks for all the info. I tried rolling back to the recommended versions, but just like the other users above the first launch was fine but opening for the second time reverted back to the same error. I just bought this laptop about 6 months ago (Spent 2k on an Asus Zenbook), and can't seem to run Premiere Pro at all anymore because of this. Is it possible or realistic just to change out the graphics card in order to permanently solve this issue? I really want to avoid selling a brand new laptop and looking for another if possible.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discussed this option with a tech guy and his short answer was "no". This
problem is why they recommend desktop not laptop computers. You can upgrade
a desktop. Laptops are not usually made for upgrading anything other than
the RAM and possibly the hard drive. I sold my less than one year laptop
for half price to my grandkids and bought an MSI with an RTX 2060 GPU in
it. Only $1400 Canadian (about $1000US) Black Friday sale. I wish you
searching for a solution that suits your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. Thats definitely a great solution, but I'm constantly on the road so a desktop is nearly impossible for me to work from. Would you possibly have any recommendations for graphics cards to look for? At this point I guess I'm just going to replace my laptop for another with more horsepower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get you re:laptop vs. desktop. I'm in the same position.
As far as graphics card recommendations ... I am not an expert in all
things graphic cards but my research shows that an NVidia RTX card that's
2060 or higher is a good starting point. If you can afford a 2070/2080 or
better than go for it.

There's a ton of options out there. The hard part is balancing your needs
with your budget etc.
Take your time. Maybe you can find a good deal on the right kind of laptop
in the upcoming Christmas/Boxing Day sales.

Here's the relevant page on the Adobe website to get you started.
https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/ca/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html

If you think you will be doing 4K resolution editing in the future you need
to make sure the card has at least 6GB RAM on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. All laptops throttle down their clock speed when on battery power - to the point where the clock speed is way too low to edit video. In fact, modern laptops may throttle their clock speed all the way down to 400 MHz constantly when under such heavy load under batteries alone! (Meaning that the laptop CPU may not even run at anywhere near its base speed.) Otherwise, a fully-charged battery may die out in minutes or even seconds.

And in most laptops, there is absolutely no way at all whatsoever to circumvent this behavio(u)r. This behavio(u)r is hard-coded within the BIOS itself. So the only way to prevent this would be to plug in the machine into an AC mains outlet - and that will completely defeat the primary purpose of a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines