• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitchy/Corrupted Footage (PLEASE HELP) Adobe doesn't have an answer to this!

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I really hope you are able to help with this situation and it is a very important client and time is crucial. Thanks in advance for any input you may have!

Basically, from one day to another, with no changes or anything significantly done to let this occur. My video and exports has this. The original footage is still fine, but somehow this is happening to pretty much every clip.

Bringing in the original footage and deleting the old clip (with the same name) works, but there are over 500 clips and basically im starting from scratch. Any ideas to fix this issue or avoid this happening again?

I called Adobe on the issue and they found zero solutions and asked me to wait until they can find a solution with their tech's on this "NEW" issue. (Still waiting on a call back from the supervisor, who said he would call me personally) I called three days ago.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 12.21.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-01 at 12.22.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-01 at 12.22.26 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short term solution: consolidate the project and render on another PC.

Mid term solution: follow this guide Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

I hadn't got the problem yet so I can't give specific information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to record the footage?

You on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac yes.

Sony A7sii (majority)

Mavic Pro

OSMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How and where are those files stored on disc, and how were they imported/ingested?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are currently on an external 2TB G Drive via USB3.

I imported the way I usually do which is either drag and drop from drive or command+I and then select the folder from the drive that has all the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, another general question ... is this on multiple projects or only this one?

If only this one, if you create a new project, use the Media Browser to navigate/select/import ... does that work better?

And ... I'd suggest doing the above in a new project via Media Browser even if in multiple projects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JonGodinezPhotography​: What versions of Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder are you using? I've heard there’s a major output problem if using the 12.0.0 release of AME with Premiere 12.0.1 — stutters in output, glitch frames, etc. If you update Premiere Pro, make sure to update Media Encoder as well. Current releases are 12.0.1 (69) for Premiere and 12.0.1 (64) for AME.

Please note that upgrading in the middle of a project is not a good idea so please test this on another machine if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stefan!

All my versions are up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JonGodinezPhotography,

So you've updated and now everything is working correctly? Or do you still need help?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to convert everything to ProRes and now i barely have space on my harddrives. It was about 600gb of footage.

Then i reconnected via proxy and it fixed everything.

I do not consider this a proper solution. It took me 3 days to convert that much footage,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt upgrade in the middle of the project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jon i'm getting this too, in my proxies mainly, (original files are perfect looking). The glitches are identical to the screenshots you've posted.

But my main concern is... on final rendering some glitches are appearing in the final file too. (not in the same places as the proxies glitches either).

Q: Did you ever get a 'fix' for this? have you had to change your workflow to get around this since?

my PC is quite old and i'm wondering if it's just getting too hot/stressed during any heavy encoding. have you since changed computers?

i've only had these glitches for the last month but i can keep exporting final cuts with imperfections. (if i re-export i'll get a glitch maybe somewhere else instead).

many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines