• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grey and white diagonal lines and no preview

Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the image inserted you can see that the clip has grey and white diagonal lines and the preview pane is black. Why is this and how to I fix it? Notice the problem occurs straight after a section where the thin yellow line under the timeline ruler is green instead of yellow because I did some kind of "render" process that I followed instructions for.
I tried deleting the media files and media cache files manually but the problem persists.

PrPrProb.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're Danger Stripes.  They usually indicate that the linked media doesn't have enough content to fill timeline track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question has been asked before as below:

Grey diagonal lines "danger stripes" over part of footage in timeline? Help please!

In the above case, it was a broken clip reference that could be fixed with Clip > Replace with Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the Missing Media indicator.  It tells you there used to be media associated with that portion of a clip or sequence, but now there isn't.

It usually happens when a clip is linked to the wrong file on the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines