• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has the clip marker problem been resolved in Premiere cs6?

Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the clip marker problem been resolved in Premiere CS6.  As of early July, it was not!  Navigating, synchronizing clips seems impossible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Not sure if this is still an issue for you... but you have to uncheck the:

Preferences > Media > Write clip markers to XMP

You may have to remake those markers once it is unchecked so the setting will apply to the second set of footage that is being referenced.

See here:

Premiere Pro Clip Markers – Solved! - Creative Impatience

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shane P wrote:

@ Kevin Monahan - Can you please answer the question that rmartin215 asked? Is it ever going to be repaired?

There has been a lot of threads about clip markers since CS6 was shipped. I remember in one of those threads Kevin mentioned that, the way the clip markers were in the previous versions will not be returning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unreal...looks like its time to do a 30 day trial and see how it goes.

Thank you for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the way the clip markers were in the previous versions will not be returning.

That's very disappointing if true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shane P wrote:

And not for nothing, Kevin Monohan disappeared and never followed up?

Shane,

By the way, this is a user forum and most of the answers you get are from other users. Adobe employees do wander in here sometimes, though. Please do not count on a response from Adobe in every instance. Your official channel to communicate with the product team is via the feature request/bug form: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

I'm here most of the time, but keep in mind that the reason I might not answer or follow up is more likely that the post dropped off my radar or disappeared off the first few pages of the forums. It is not because I'm trying to avoid controversy.

If you want my attention to an old post, it is better to send me a PM to make sure I see that my response is requested. I'll do my best to assist you then.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wrong is the way which must the mark be put. You must put the mark with the footage at the monitor source, and not when the footage is inside a sequence. Put the mark before to put the footage there. Do the following!

• Put the mark with the footage at the source monitor.

• Edit the mark and put a name in it. And other marks you wanna put it too.

• To synchronize with another, do the same thing as the steps above and edit the mark name with the same name you put the mark at the previous footage you want to sync.

• Put the footages inside a sequence. Select all and put to synchronize.

• The option "Clip Mark will be available. The option will search for clip marks with the same name. regardless it is a number or a name. Being the same and in commom with all footages. they will be shown at the list.

• Select the mark you want to syncrhonize and see the result.

Take care!

Calebe S. Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieved this solution after filling out a request form, it worked for me:

The ability to add clip markers wasn't removed in CS6, however the way that you apply them was. Clip markers are applied in the Source panel. If you have a specific frame selected for a clip in the timeline, use the Match Frame keyboard shortcut (F) to open the clip in the Source panel and press the M key (or click the add marker button). Otherwise, navigate the clip directly within the Source panel and add your markers as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of speeding up your workflow  adding clip markers appears to have additional moves as compared to CS5.

BTW why is the forum italic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

Instead of speeding up your workflow  adding clip markers appears to have additional moves as compared to CS5.

BTW why is the forum italic?

Not really, after you set up a keyboard shortcut, you can quickly add markers to clips.
The forum is not in italics, but your post was. Rather odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TrueFriction wrote:

I recieved this solution after filling out a request form, it worked for me:

The ability to add clip markers wasn't removed in CS6, however the way that you apply them was. Clip markers are applied in the Source panel. If you have a specific frame selected for a clip in the timeline, use the Match Frame keyboard shortcut (F) to open the clip in the Source panel and press the M key (or click the add marker button). Otherwise, navigate the clip directly within the Source panel and add your markers as needed.

Hey, that's pretty cool.

I guess it didn't mention that you can add a keyboard shortcut for adding Clip Markers right in the Timeline, but you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this whole freaking time all we had to do was make sure the source window was selecting when pressing M to get the marker directly on the clip? Wow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VidNoob wrote:

So this whole freaking time all we had to do was make sure the source window was selecting when pressing M to get the marker directly on the clip? Wow...

Yup. I also wrote this Help article just after release: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/premiere-pro/using/markers.html#id_55328

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you can shift M through them in the source, but it doesnt move the cti on the timeline. it also doesnt show the marker icon anywhere in the program window if yorue over one with the cti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I just wanted to let you guys know that my fix for this has been to just use keyframe markers in place of the clip markers They provide just as well of a visual. Sure you can't auto sync but at least you get a mark on the clip to do it visually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have got into a nice worflow with the clip markers. I just simply place my CTI in the sequence where I would like to place a marker, hit "F" to match frame in the source, hit "M" to place the marker in the source and done. I can do it using the keyboards shortcuts in a second or two.

Now if we can navigate to the clip markers in the sequences that would be great. After reading Kevins responses Im hoping that this functionality is restored in CS6.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Shane's idea .. it seems to work well.  BUT, will they ever fix this?  It's been almost a year now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just joining this thread so excuse me if I'm missing something obvious.

What you (the users) are really needing at this point is for the markers that you add to a clip in the source panel to be respected in the timeline -- preferably with a different color or other disting appearance -- so that you can navigate to them there. Correct?

A bit of background... Most of you pprobably already know this, but, for those that dont: Prelude has a robust set of markers (Subclip, comment, cue point, chapter, and more) which will be respected when sent to Ppro. So that's one of the reasons ppro simplified its marker set down to just one generic marker type (well two really, if you count source markers as different from sequence markers). I understand that you may not want to switch to a prelude-inclusive workflow just to get your clip markers back, but it may be an option for some if you if you're already starting your workflow with Prelude. (and no I don't need a re-hash the other drawbacks of that workflow vs the old Ppro marker workflow, but you can if you really want).

The point is that I personally don't think the current workflow is ideal either and I will do what I can to get due attention directed toward your request(s). But for now it is what it is and hopefully your options have been made clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have the CS5 workflow back for markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rmartin215 wrote:

I would like to have the CS5 workflow back for markers.

If you mean bringing all the different marker types and controls back from CS5 and trying to mix them into our current UI, it won't happen. But if you mean making the clip markers navigable in the sequence/program mon, it's totally worth asking for (again). The latter I can and will do on your behalf. But for the former, you're on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigation is probably the most common request. There are lots of improvements that can be made to Markers. Please feel free to request them here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just use keyframe markers

Huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add a keyframe to any clip's track (Opacity for example) it gives you a visual reference, thats what i was doing before I just learned of this method of match frame and then hitting m to mark the clip via source monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.

That's not a Marker, though.  Just a keyframe.  (Though is does offer timeline navigation.  Might be worth checking out.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VidNoob wrote:

Just add a keyframe to any clip's track (Opacity for example) it gives you a visual reference, thats what i was doing before I just learned of this method of match frame and then hitting m to mark the clip via source monitor.

Interesting workaround, sub-optimal though it may be. Thanks for the good suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't let that deprioritize adding back in genuine Clip Marker navigation, though!  It was there in all pervious versions, it's inexplicably missing in CS6, and we want it back ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I elevated a request for 'Clip marker Navigation' in the timeline/program monitor. I included this link as a reference for 'user data'. No promises, but I'm doing what I can to make sure you're all heard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines