• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help this novice please! I need to overlay 3 video's to expose properly

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in desperate need of help! I have video that I recorded on a slider of an interior shot of a home on the beach. Since I didn't have a light with me, I took the same exact shot 3 times identically with my slider. One shot has the interior properly lit, the other has the exposure correct for the window (don't want to miss the ocean view) and the other shot is a mix between the two. For the life of me I can't find a way to properly blend or get them to overlay into one properly exposed video. I want to get the shot to be merged into one, with the interior and exterior all properly exposed. Anyone have any suggestions? Greatly appreciated!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just watched a tutorial on this exact thing. However, it required that Magic Lantern be installed on the DSLR to shoot the dual exposures in one pass. Then there are special scripts that must be run using VirtualDub to "process" the footage into the final product. So none of this will help you with current footage. Sorry I can't find the link to what I'd watched.

It might be possible to use a Luma Key effect to replace the over-exposed window with the better version. I understand that you may have a motorized slider to repeat the moves, but will the two clips you have truly line up frame-for-frame?

If you could post a few seconds of each clip for us to play with, that would be very helpful.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really appreciate the reply! I used magic lantern with my 5Dm3 and exactly what you described worked perfectly. Unfortunatly with this shot I used a 5dm4 and as such don't have magic lantern just yet. Really do appreciate the response and I will post some video later when I get back home. I will also look into the luma key effect to see if that helps the exposure for the windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uh, the slider speed will be different for each shot, unless you have a $200,000 computer controlled one so I don't think any plates will line up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, my thoughts exactly, which I alluded to. That will almost certainly be an issue.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Rhino motion and I set the slider to perform a loupe. The speed of the slider is constant and as the slider repeates the same motion I control exposure settings off camera so there is no miss of the action or removing my camera to recompose the shot. This particular shot is for a real estate client and as such nothing in the shot is moving (i.e. all of the furniture, walls you name it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIght want to mask out the bits you want and overlaying on the best shot.

Best done in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you shot with some kind of motorized slider/motion control system, you could try:

Place the clip exposed for the windows on track 1, and the clip exposed for the interior on track two, in sync with the clip on V1. Then on the clip on track two add Opacity Masks to cut out the windows, and track the masks so they follow the location of the windows throughout the shot.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that might be my best course of action. I really appreciate it. I've been a longtime FCP user and exploring Premiere Pro everyday I see more and more things that will make this seemingly tough transition easier. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in a way, that's actually quite ingenious, using a partial image to be a track matte. nice one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might be worth trying an Opacity Mode such as 'Difference"   - as well as the Opacity  Parameter Setting for it as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines