• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotkeys lagging?

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so I recently purchased Adobe Master collection. I upgraded from the CC 2015 package which I had been using for a year now with 0 issues. However something felt off and this is a massive turn off for me, that either needs to be fixed or someone can help me fix if it's my side please.

The nature of my edits are for Youtubers, so I'm editing 3/6 videos a day and they're simpler edits. The way I work normally is play the video in a sequence, then cut out what I think is blank or unneeded footage (Such as errms) and I'll do this while the video is playing and listen to the footage to see if it sounds smooth. If not, I'll go back and fix it up.

Basically, I play the video, Press "C" (for Cut) and cut two sections, then delete the middle section, then return to mouse with "V".

However this is the issue. I have to press "C" or "V" a few times for it to actually register the hotkey. Sometimes even Spacebar (To stop playback) and Del (For deleting) takes a few spams of the keys to actually do anything. Now like I said, CC 2015 was perfectly fine no issues.

Things I've tried:

Tried on my second computer - Still an issue

Reset Premiere to default (By holding Alt and Shift while opening)

Turned off CC Sync and did above

Restarted PC

Reset the keyboard hot keys to default.

I am fully open to ideas, it's such a tiny thing but over the course of say 500 cuts, it's going to add up to a lot of time wasted!

My PC specs are as follows

CPU: Intel i7-4790k Overclocked to 4.8Ghz

RAM: 16GB of DDR3 Vengeance RAM
GPU: Radeon R9 390x 8GB
SSD: 124GB SSD (For OS)
          64GB SSD (For all Adobe things)
HDD: 2TB Storage
           1TB Media and client files
PSU: EVGA 850w

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Downgraded to Adobe Premiere Pro 11.1.1 and it's fine. Issue is only present in most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Master collection

that would be CS6?

Pleas post a screenshot of About Adobe Premier Pro which you can find under the Help dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my mistake. I thought they were all called that. I'm on Adobe Premiere pro CC 2017.1.2 Release. Literally brought it yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried running the CleanerTool and it says "importerror: DLL Load failed: Invalid access to memory location." Can't I just clear it out by hand?

Note* I installed it fresh on my second pc, this is the first time Premiere has ever touched that PC, and I still have the same issue.

Note Note* Deleted all folders linked to premiere pro by hand, including in Appdata. It's still doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video of me showing the issue.

Hope you can help, and thank you - YouTube

Hope this helps us both ways. As this is going to get tedious!

Have a great day, I'm off to bed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never seen such a keyboard used. Cannot help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh? I'm just using a keyboard. The Green keyboard thing is just showing you what inputs I'm putting in as a proof of me actually having to press C twice sometimes to actually get the hot key to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that piece of software is causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use that software. That software was something I downloaded for that video. It's only use is to show you that I'm pressing the keyboard that's all it does. Shows you my inputs on the keyboard. I don't normally have that installed. I was trying to make it easier to understand and show what was going on, haha but that seems to have taken a wrong turn.

However, in the video you can see that I'm pressing the hotkeys twice sometimes to actually get it to work, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downgraded to Adobe Premiere Pro 11.1.1 and it's fine. Issue is only present in most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines