• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I have the same Sequence open in 2 different timeline windows?

Participant ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have the same sequence open in 2 different timeline windows at the same time?
If so, how can I set that up?
-----

The struggle i'm facing...after chopping up material into hundreds of clips on the timeline, I then want to start asseumbling together the sequence, only if I keep the clips on one side of the timelime and keep dragging them over to the other side for the assemble, I have to keep zooming in and out and moving the timeline over until they clips are back in the screen, very time consuming. This would help alleviate that.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Hi @Touri!

No, you can't have the same sequence open in two different Timeline panels. However for the case you are describing you can duplicate your sequence, open that duplicate sequence and now you will have two tabs in your Timeline panel. Drag one of the tabs downward so it comes loose, then drag it to the top highlighted blue portion of the Timeline panel. This will create two Timeline panels, one on top of the other. You can freely drag or copy/paste between them, and leave each one zoome

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Touri!

No, you can't have the same sequence open in two different Timeline panels. However for the case you are describing you can duplicate your sequence, open that duplicate sequence and now you will have two tabs in your Timeline panel. Drag one of the tabs downward so it comes loose, then drag it to the top highlighted blue portion of the Timeline panel. This will create two Timeline panels, one on top of the other. You can freely drag or copy/paste between them, and leave each one zoomed into the appropriate area. When you're done, just delete the duplicated sequence and you are left with your final edit. Make sure to clearly name your duplicate sequence when you duplicate it so it's clear which is which!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it! That was helpful. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, i missed that you wanted the same timeline open so i edited/deleted my answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines