• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I clear recent projects

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete recent projects / files etc from adobe Premiere Pro CC ?

Thanks very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Trash Preferences, that will clear the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete, rename or move them on the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chisnamic,

As suggested by Jim Simon, you can delete, rename or move the project files(.prproj) to a different location manually to clear the recent project in opening window in Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the very same problem with Premiere Pro CC 2019 ,  I can't get rid of the recent projects list . In other NLE's it is a very simple operation such as file - delete recent  projects  etc.

Why is it so difficult to clear the recent projects list in P P CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash Preferences, that will clear the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash the preferences!?

What if I want to keep the important projects on the list, the ones I'm actually working on, and loose the one or two or three I just opened from the auto-save directory on a single occasion for a quick back reference?

If I trash the entire list I loose everything on the entire list and I have to relocate the project files and reopen them one by one to get them back. Or is there a way to "trash" the pereferences/recent list selectivly? Getting used to open the projects directly from the recent list on the home screen makes you forget surprisingly fast where the project files are located on the disk, and it usually costs a lot of valueble time =money to get it back manually.

The problem from my point of view:
In my work I usually have at least 4-6 (often more) projects for different customers going at the same time, and I often have to start new projects before I finnish one of the old ones. The competition is hard, a lot of good hard working people out there, so you have to be on your toes to keep yousrself in business.

So to me, solving this problem by trashing the preferences is pretty much like fixing a flat tire on a car by slashing the other three tires; in desperate times it might keep you going for a while, but it's a really bad idea for a long term working solution.

I would personally endorse, support, welcome and celebrate the possibility to remove indvidual items from the home screen recent document list in any and all of the CC-suite applications, so help me God.

Best regards everybody:-)
Stargazer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rather than fool with the "home" screen... why not just have a folder on your desktop with important projects and launch premiere by doubleclicking on the project file rather than launching premiere and then selecting a project from the list on the home screen.    Note, always important to keep your project file and your autosave folder on different drives...  I mirror my project folder on dropbox as an additional safety measure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain why the recent files list is problematic? Then someone might be able to suggest a solution.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Privacy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have multiple people working on the same computer?  Otherwise, not sure what your issue is...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever had a client looking over your shoulder?
You don't want them to see other clients' projects on your open recent
menu, but you do want them to see only their projects listed there.
I worked many years at a printing company, it's a thing.

--
best regards,

Greg Bentz
bentzgreg@gmail.com

<>
Virus-free.www.avast.com
<>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

point taken.  However, you can launch premiere with a specific project by "opening" the project file which will skip the opening screen...     gotta laugh, I pointed this out 3 years ago earlier in this thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old student files from semesters past show up in the home screen of Illustrator, I want to delete them from the cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in the Premiere forum, so not sure if this will work in Illustrator, but try resetting your Illustrator preferences.  Pretty sure I remember when I reset Premiere preferences the home screen removes all previous recent files..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it so difficult to clear the recent projects list

It's not.  Just delete, rename or move them on the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all but I have cleared these projects from the hard drive and they2018-12-10.png still remain . . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate this behavior on my system.

Are you confident the .prproj files for those projects are deleted?

Can you open one of the projects in the list? If so it is not deleted.

If you look at the top center of the Premiere Pro window, you will see the path where the current (open) .prproj file is located:

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 7.08.47 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try trashing preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing the preferences did solve the problem ( it's the only way )  not like some of the others were deleting old projects is much easier, nevertheless, it always gives me great pleasure to say thank you very much to all of you for your assistance.

Thanks .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting premiere pro wit Alt-Shift. the list is cleared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best solution here. I'll add that on a Mac, I had to hit shift+fn+option to invoke the alt key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before trashing preferences or deleting project files try this.  Just MOVE the projects you'd like to hide from the list.   I noticed if you drag completed projects into a subfolder or just elsewhere, those projects then do not show up in the list on the home screen the next time you open PremierePro CC.

(i'm using PPro CC 2019 on OS X)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old post, but there still doesn't seem to be any way to flush your recent projects list. The answers provided so far are to either move all your old projects or completely trash your preferences. If you would rather not make arbitrary file changes or completely annihilate all of your application preferences for such a simple and otherwise-commonplace task (really? who thinks this is an acceptable answer?), and you're comfortable editing an XML file, you can remove the MRU (Most-Recently-Used) items by editing the preferences file manually, as follows:

1. Quit Premiere Pro, if it's still running.
  2. Locate your preferences file, named "~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/version/Profile-username/Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs}}", where "~" is your home folder and version and username are the application version and your computer user name, respectively.
  3. Make a backup copy of this file and put it somewhere out of the way, e.g. your desktop.
  4. Open the original preferences file in a text editor
  5. Locate and remove every XML element whose name starts with "BE.Prefs.MRU.". These should all be of the form "<BE.Prefs.MRU.Document.attribute.number>value</BE.Prefs.MRU.Document.attribute.number>". Note that elements may not all be together or in order – use your editor's "find" command to ensure you've removed all of them from the file. Make sure you do not make any other changes to the file contents!
  6. Save the file
  7. Launch Premiere Pro. Your home screen should not show any recent project items.
  8. If the application fails to launch, or you notice any unexpected behavior, you can revert to the original file by replacing it with the backup copy from step 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is the only acceptable solution in this topic imo.

Deleting the preferences is silly, why not reinstall Premiere or format the harddrive while they're at it...

Moving or renaming the projects is just a pain especially if they are stored in various locations...

For those who want to follow halversp's method and edit their preferences file, here's how to quickly do steps 4 and 5:

1. Install Visual Studio Code if you don't have this editor already
  2. Load your file in VS Code
  3. CTRL+F (or CMD+F) to open search box
  4. Paste "BE.Prefs.MRU." in the search box
  5. ALT+ENTER to select all search results
  6. CTRL+L (or CMD+L) to broaden the selection to the entire line of each result on the page
  7. Hit backspace (or delete) to remove it all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines