• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I export an animated GIF from Premiere CC?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I export an animated GIF from Premiere CC?

I dont see an Animated codec option

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, i did some research the EXPORT function has ALSO been REMOVED... wtg adobe. fantastic.

so really, adobe removed almost all GIF function. the only way you can make a gif now is somehow getting a collection of frames. You may have to go frame by frame in VLC player and meticulously, and in the most time consuming manner, put each and every frame into photoshop in order.... because you know.... its apparently too hard to just export as a gif or something with a company getting millions$ on overpriced software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay i found if you go to create as JPG, and then select EXPORT AS SEQUENCE, itll easily create a screenshot of and i have to stress this (every single frame) so make sure you make it in an isolated folder.

But from here i guess you can plug every frame into photoshop i think if you select as a list photoshop will load in the order selected if not copy in in the reverse order.. a bit silly that expensive premium software can't do a simple gif though <,<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooookay just uploading them into photoshop elements isnt working i dont know how you open a bunch of files in sequence as layers... at this point its just easier using GIMP >.>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i tried to make a gif in adobe premiere from a tutorial and yes, quicktime is supposed to have the "animated gif" option but now its just "animated" and it saves it as a .mov  does anyone have a proper guide to make gifs in the now defunct versions of photoshop or premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌What I did is something of a hack. I edited the bit of video I wanted to use for the gif in pp. Saved it as H.264 then opened that in ps. There I was able to crop to the size I wanted then saved for web as a gif. Be sure to input size in the save for web interface as I had cropped mine to 400x400 but it defaulted to 1080x1080 in the sfw interface. I'm on a Mac so this is the cost of business evidently. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay ive tried literally almost everything including GIMP GAP.

Here is my steps to make a gif now.

1. I use Adobe Premiere, i start my gif as a VIDEO instead of pictures in photoshop since photoshop cant do gif editing for #$@!

2. When your done with the video you want to be a gif, make SURE to leave at least 3 seconds before and after the video or else the final render may leave bits off

3I export in the youtube HD format at 15 FPS (ill tell you why in the next step)

4. Use this program Free Video to GIF Converter: freeware to convert video to GIF animation.

5. Here you can upload that file you made from your video editor. you can make any gif size you want, including 1080p files.

6. Select extract 15 fps then go to the next tab or click next

7. you get a list of ALL the frames in the gif so you can move them around or delete ones.

8. Make sure to select Excellent Quality and keep play speed at source. Than there you go, if you mess up or the file is too big you can always remove frames or make the gif resolution smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh man the coverter is gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE IS THE ANSWER

Right, so for Mac users. Export your video using whatever codec you like.

Open your file in Photoshop

Go to File / Export / Save For Web (Legacy)

This brings up an oooold school window, which allows you to save as a .gif. It will take ages to load depending on your system (cos it's legacy) but it works.

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but not all of us pay for photoshop as well as premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop limits the export to 500 frames.

Adobe, please support proper Gif production on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So apparently it's not there for Mac but is for Windows - Adobe please add this as feature parity to the Mac version!

The Photoshop option should work, though I get only "unknown error"s (probably out of memory errors) when attempting to save to gif. So that's not an option.

For now I guess we'll have to use software outside of Adobe.

This should definitely be a thing, here now in The Age of Gif's Resurgence as a fully cross-platform video meme format and the primary way we show animated mockups. Too bad Jpg and Png didn't support animation and video is even still treated so differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't get more than 500 frames tho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a tutorial of how you can export gifs on a mac using Premiere pro and program called gif brewery from the mac app store that is I believe free the link is here: HOW TO MAKE an animated GIF in Premiere Pro and Gif Brewery - Meme Tutorial for DEAL WITH IT - YouTu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it!!!!

You have to export your video on .mp4  and then open it in photoshop.

Go to export, then select "save for web" and that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines