• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the mark in and mark out?

New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I'm working on a music video right now, and wondered how I would remove the mark in and mark out setting on the sequence? 

It's not causing any huge problems, but it's just not necessary for the project I'm working on, and it's more of just a nuisance than anything else. 

Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Try control shift X

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try control shift X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of times you can right click on a mark or item and you get a drop down menu that gives options , like 'delete' or 'remove' etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the marker commands are on the Markers menu, so when you’re in a sequence and it has In point and Out point markers set, the Clear marker commands are available on that menu. As usual, their keyboard shortcuts are listed to the right of the commands.

You can also see the logic behind the Clear shortcuts; they’re the same as the Mark shortcuts but adding the Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) key. So if you already memorized the Mark shortcuts, to clear markers just add Option/Alt to the same shortcuts.

Premiere-Pro-Markers-menu-with-sequence-in-and-out.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have these options deactivated, I don't know why. I'm running latest version. Once you have set In point and Out point markers, there is no way to get rid of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no in and outpoint on the timeline the option in the dropdown menu will be grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are in and outpoint on the origin window timeline. This is a subclip. I guess I'm missing something.

The real problem have apparently nothing to do with this. The morph cut transition is not working. I have tried everything to make it work (of course both clips are quite similar, just a little jumpcut) and someone in other chat suggested to remove the in and out points.  I've noticed that I can't, and that's what brought me here.

Thanks for your quick answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Premiere is acting up: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I had already reset before coming here. Didn't work either.🙁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found out the way to remove in&out points

Alt X (windows)

Option X (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it says so a few posts up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True!!! But the right click shows me these options deactivated and no shortcuts related. So I assumed it would't work for me but it did!!

Thanks a lot.

Now I have to solve the other issue (morphe cut) . Will let you know if I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Close Premiere e start it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines