How do you disable the new import window? because it's not working!

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even create new project becuaes of the new import window.

It's slow and difficult to select the footage and folders.

By default it select all the folders and files and navigating through the folders is really slow and lagging.

Is there a way you can disable it?

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022
You cannot disable this new import window. You can bypass by making a new project name and location and hit CREATE. Now you can import via the Project window or Media Browser.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot disable this new import window.

You can bypass by making a new project name and location and hit CREATE.

Now you can import via the Project window or Media Browser.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

This import window needs a lot of improvements.

Don't know why it's slow and lagging, maybe because it's writen in JS.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This window could be optional in the preferences? It ruined my workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no more need to use the new options on the "import" page than the options on the old one ... which you probably rarely used.

As before, type a project name, select a location, click Create. Same process, just different locations. And the Create button is too far away.

They never expected experienced users to use that dialog setup ... it's for simple projects and new users.

So again ... as before, give a project name, location, click Create ... and then use the Project panel or the MediaBrowser to setup you project as always. Same old same old.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with Fred on this one. Nobody asked for a gimicky and completely unneccesary beautification feature that should at least be optional, especially if it is geared toward inexperienced/new users. Not to mention it *appears* that you are required to choose a media file before creating the project. Very unhelpful when it comes to workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to select media in order to make the project.

Just fill in the project name and path and hit Create.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Nobody asked for ... "

And you know this because ... you're omniscient or something? You didn't ask for it. I didn't ask for it. Doesn't mean that others didn't.

Which you and I would never know, would we? I mean, for some reason, they don't include me in the email/message chains when someone request something, odd as it may seem.

And the old dialog was confusing for a lot of noob users ... what are all these things, what do they do, and why would I want to set them where? Referring to all the settings for cache and preview file locations & such.

But I did get a round with the M&E people back while this new UI page thing was first being tested out a year or so back. An hour and a bit more of "If you saw this, what would you expect to do next?" ... and "With three options like this, what would you expect them to do?" ... as I said, a bit over an hour of that.

They had quite a few users from all over the world go through those sessions, so they did do a bunch of testing. With users ... and got opinions.

Now, you and I don't particularly like or will ever use the new Import page, true.

But the steps we use to create a new project have not changed. Name the thing, set a location, click create, go to the Project or MediaBrowser panels to add assets.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines