Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need it, 11.1.4 is the only one available

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Due to Dolby Laboratories and Adobe not being able to agree on something Adobe had to withdraw all Dolby audio and apparently any code that included anything trademarked I would guess  ... and apparently it's not been possible to remove all problems without more effort than they have so far expended.

Hence, very few versions available.

The 11.x version available is the same as the 11.1.2 except for the Dolby material being removed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to Dolby Laboratories and Adobe not being able to agree on something Adobe had to withdraw all Dolby audio and apparently any code that included anything trademarked I would guess  ... and apparently it's not been possible to remove all problems without more effort than they have so far expended.

Hence, very few versions available.

The 11.x version available is the same as the 11.1.2 except for the Dolby material being removed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not equivalent though, when i attempt to input an AVI file into 11.1.4 it will not go in, but it works in 11.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the AVI file have aac audio? That's a Dolby product.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any link for aac audio being a Dolby product?

I can't figure that out from here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

I think you meant ac3 audio, not aac audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for correcting me! Yep, mis-typing before coffee fully set in this morning ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system (Windows, OSX) is your system running?

Only Windows 8.1 or later, or OSX 10.11.x or higher, natively supports AC3 audio playback (decoding). Unfortunately, no version of CC 2017 (11.x) will utilize the OS' native AC3 decoding support; you will need to update to CC 2018.0 (12.0) or 2018.0.1 (12.0.1) in order to use the OS' native AC3 decoder. If you're running Windows 7 or a version of OSX prior to 10.11, you're out of luck: Those OSes do not natively support AC3 decoding and thus require third-party software to provide this decoding support.

So, if you're running Windows 7, and somehow have 11.1.4 or higher installed, the only way around this that I know of (to add decoding support to Premiere) would be to spend an additional $595 plus tax for the full version of the Minnetonka Surcode for Dolby Digital. The $295 version is only an encoder and cannot decode if the OS doesn't already provide that support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i run on windows 10. the audio codec i use is pcm, it inputs fine into 11.1.2 but not into 11.1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PCM works fine for me on 11.1.4. That is odd. What specifically happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines