• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you turn off Auto-Tagging Audio in Premiere v 24.0?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I drop a clip into a sequence, Premiere is now trying to Auto-Tag Audio, and I have to click to cancel it.

How do I stop this from occuring automatically?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

You need to turn this off in the Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

It is sad the feature which was enabled automatically to help people speed up audio tagging process, is actually not being much help. We are already working on the gaps and very soon coming up with the updated version.

However, in the latest release 24.0 the automatic tagging feature is set to Off by default. In case you are seeing the process getting triggered automatically on dropping anything on timeline, please clean your Premiere Prefrences. 

Here is a help doc to clean preferences in Pr-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing. We are already working on the fixes and coming up with updates in the 24.1 beta & 24.2 release version.

@Wheelus In case you don't want to reset all the preferences but only the auto tagging ones, here are the steps:

1. Open the preferences file on your machine

MAC:

/Users/<user>/Documents/Adobe/Premiere\ Pro/24.0/Profile-<user>/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ Prefs/

Users/<user>/Documents/Adobe/Premiere\ Pro\ \(Beta\)/24.0/Profile-<user>/Adobe\ Pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and really don't want to reset all of my preferences... But it's taking so much time tagging everything that I think I might have to. Has there been any word of a patch to stop this from happening soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the pain of resetting the prefrences, but i'm sorry there is not other way of doing this right now. We are working on the fix which should come in next (.) release. 

Also, can you please answer these questions so that we know the root cuase better -

1. PrPro build number you are facing this issue with?

2. Did you anytime in last 2 months downloaded a 'Beta' build?

3. Are you experiencing this audio tagging for the 1st time or you have seen similar issue in Beta also (if used in last 2 months) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe can fix this quickly. It wastes so much of our time having to wait for each clip to auto tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely insane that this is a process forced on the user without an option to turn it off. It's so slow and I don't even know what it does. I'm just trying to edit a video podcast episode and it's making me want to get rid of my subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case problems started when i donwload Premier 24.0 

I didnt use any beta before 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I downloaded version 24.0.3 (Build 2), but the Auto-Tagging is still triggering every time I drop a file onto a sequence.  Again, no way that I can see to disable it.

Is a fix coming soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe!
If you create an auto setting you ALWAS have to give the option to the PRO user to turn it OFF!!
If you want to overload a computer, do it on yours. I have lost hours with a meaningless feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing. We are already working on the fixes and coming up with updates in the 24.1 beta & 24.2 release version.

@Wheelus In case you don't want to reset all the preferences but only the auto tagging ones, here are the steps:

1. Open the preferences file on your machine

MAC:

/Users/<user>/Documents/Adobe/Premiere\ Pro/24.0/Profile-<user>/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ Prefs/

Users/<user>/Documents/Adobe/Premiere\ Pro\ \(Beta\)/24.0/Profile-<user>/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ \(Beta\)\ Prefs

Windows:

~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro (Beta)/24.0/Profile-<user>

~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/15.0/Profile-<user>

2. Change the preferences from 'true' to 'false'

<BE.Prefs.General.AutoAudioCategorizationDuringImport>true</BE.Prefs.General.AutoAudioCategorizationDuringImport>

<BE.Prefs.General.AutoAudioCategorizationDuringImport>false</BE.Prefs.General.AutoAudioCategorizationDuringImport>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on when this feature can be turned off by the user? I'm working on a feature film that I'm taking over from a previous editor and every time I open a sequence this process starts automatically and because of the amount of files in the sequence it freezes up. This is costing me hours of work. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please confirm your build number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vaibhavi Jani 

If this is a Known Issue, it should be published by Adobe in online documentation with this workaround.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this fix IS NOT working. I have gone in and changed the specific file from true to false exactly as instructed and after a while of editing premiere is still trying to do auto tagging and each time it happens, premiere crashes. It's crashed probably 10x today since the update, and I am in the middle of editing a feature doc and really struggling with the delays this is causing.
looking forward to a solution. thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the AUTO TAGGING bug is back!  In the latest update to Premiere v24.4.1 (Build 2).

Premiere tries to Auto Tag all media in the sequence, renedering all scrubbing on drives impossible.

They fixed it for a while, but now it's back with a vengeance.

Adobe, can you PLEASE fix??

Makes using external drives impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to turn this off in the Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where about in preferences. Just been searching through it and cant see the setting for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, updated my version and found it under audio pref

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shouldn't be switched on by default for existing installs. I'm in the middle of a large project and going back over sequences and I can see the exact moment it got switched on because everything is tagged (incorrectly) by the software. I need to go into each sequence, select all, choose one of the four types, and remove the tag, then do that for the other 3 types... 4 edits for every single affected sequence. Going into preferences after I _found out_ this was happening and turning it off doesn't save me from that pain. This is completely unnecessary misery. Instead of playing with AI how about you guys finally fix all the myriad audio/video bugs related to combining nested sequences with time warps that I've been wrestling with for the 6 years I've had this product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree: needs to be off by default. Such a pain when you forget its active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Mr. Wallet,

"I'm in the middle of a large project ... This is completely unnecessary"

Thanks for sharing this experience.

Just a reminder to all users that in spite of all the insistent messaging from Adobe to "update now", it is generally not a good idea to update in the middle of a project.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines