• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create this random letter reveal effect?

Participant ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Is it possible to create this effect for 1 text item in Premiere Pro? This was done in Camtasia Studio and the workflow was very simple and quick. I'm trying to replicate same in Premiere Pro, but so far struggling.

Hypothetically, I could make separate text items for each of the 8 letters and animate their opacities individually one-by-one. But it's going to take a lot of time and I'm looking for something that can be applied to other text items too.

Thank you in advance.
Test.gif

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi VahePogossian,

How comfortable are you with After Effects? Like you said, there might be a complicated way to do this in Premiere Pro. But for this type of work, I'd dynamic link with After Effects or create a MOGRT in After Effects. As you'll see in the video below, you can knock something like that really easily in After Effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo81q9bTu8s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines