• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to efficiently use multiple nested sequnces (etc. splitscreens)

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I deal with alot of splitscreens and currently im doing 2 nested sequences and animating it with position keyframes to open and close. 

The problem arises when I have to manually adjust the sequnces to the lenght of VO and I have to manually move them everytime.

Does somebody have a better solution to this workflow?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of nesting you could use the crop effect on one of the clip to create split screen.

For animating the crop if putting it on the left clip you only have set keyframes for the right or v.v.

Alternative you can use the EGP (properties) and mask with shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do +30 splitscreen a video and They need to be consistent. What you are suggesting is the oposite of a solution. 
If i got your way, I would extend my editing time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impressing you wanted to get rid of the nests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry, i should have been more clear. I appreciate you effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can post a screen recording of your workflow and problems, we may suggest a better one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobiG,

I'm not sure I have much to offer, but I'm unclear on what you're actually doing. You said you have 2 nested sequences up to 30 times per timeline (if I understand you correctly).

If you're doing a lot of scaling, cropping, and other effects on a number of clips (which then have to be moved as a whole via position keyframes, etc.) then you're probably using the most efficient method with your nested sequences.

A more detailed description with screenshots (as Ali Jaber suggested) may allow more insight and more sugggestions on streamlining.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My (paid) extension Automation Blocks for Pr offers a dedicated workflow to animate split screens.

See
https://docs.mamoworld.com/automation-blocks/tools-pr/keyframeTools#remote-interview-tools

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks nice Mathias! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines