• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of the box over my video clip?

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me to turn this odd box off?

It blocks my media during editing and it's in every import even after resetting all of my settings.  

2022-10-04_12-08-45.jpg

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Turn off the timecode overlay:

You can turn overlays on or off by clicking the Wrench icon 

in the Program Monitor or Source Monitor, and then select Overlays.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/monitor-overlays.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the timecode overlay:

You can turn overlays on or off by clicking the Wrench icon 

in the Program Monitor or Source Monitor, and then select Overlays.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/monitor-overlays.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peru Bob  is got the solution but you might benefit by working thru some basic tutorials for Premiere..  This is very basic stuff and it is very useful to get a working knowledge of the interface..  Adobe has many tutorials and there are lots on Youtube.  Linkedin Learning has a number of comprehensive sets of tutorials that are very useful...  It costs something, but there may be a free trial available.  

And gotta say, much of the interface is not particularly intuitive.  Premiere is a very deep program and so the interface is necessarily complex to make all sorts of great stuff available...  I came to Premiere after working in Avid and FCP 1-7 from almost the birth of computer based video editing after working in film and linear video editing for many years and I still found some things difficult to do...  But trust me, it's worth the effort.   And at a certain point, you'll understand the mindset of the programmers and know, as in this case, to go to a specific spot... like the wrench icon below the source and program monitors...

And you're on the right path, here.   This is a great resource with many knowledgable experienced users pitching in to help others...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines