• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to go to a previous save of your Adobe Premiere Pro CC project.

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I was editing, I accidentally deleted half of my video and I didn't know so my project Autosaved and couldn't undo it to get the video files back. I was hoping you can open previous versions of your adobe premiere pro and go back to your project before 1-2 autosaves

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

There is an auto save folder that contains the auto saves. Pick one of them and see if the deleted video reappears. If you know the time that you actually deleted the footage you can narrow the auto save down more reliably. Then once you have it back, resave the file but give it a new name so you don't get confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an auto save folder that contains the auto saves. Pick one of them and see if the deleted video reappears. If you know the time that you actually deleted the footage you can narrow the auto save down more reliably. Then once you have it back, resave the file but give it a new name so you don't get confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of the auto-save files, the only way to go back a project version is if you're constantly saving to a new version, performing a Save As rather than a normal Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or a save copy ( iteration) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is super old and not useful anymore. There is an auto-saved folder now that is stored locally. You can find it in the working folder of your project. The auto-save folder has all the recent versions that were previously auto-saved. Hope this helps. 

ethant19950906_0-1594159966540.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved me from having to redo a vid. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This still works. Almost lost a week's worth of editing. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is still fine. Re. the Auto-Save folder [You can find it in the working folder of your project.]

That's if you set it up that way. The location can be changed or set in the default location which I believe is the Documents folder. Look under FILE\Project Settings\Scratch Disks....

MyerPj_0-1594165950670.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're the man!! thanks for saving my whole project ā¤ļø

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you select the video? It just says "browse" and when I click on it, it brings up the computer files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are asking Amelia. Are you trying to set your AutoSave folder? If not, what 'video' are you looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing footage and I either didn't save it right or I just can't find it. However, the project still exists on my Adobe Premiere account. Is it possible to find the autosaves in Premiere instead of in the computer files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to project settings and then scratch disks. It pulled up a window with video files labeled autosave, but when I click browse, it just takes me back to the general computer files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why Adobe lacks there, instead of opening the location it is set to, on mine, it just opens to 'This PC'?

You'll have to look at the autosave folder in the project dialog as you've done, and then navigate there in file explorer. Are you on Windows or  Mac? I suggest you copy the autosave file to the same folder as your project is in before you open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what happened. I was launching to Premiere Pro and I picked a video that I want to use for slow motion. In the time interpolation, I picked optical flow because it makes your video smooth. I started to render it, and then was done. I saved my project for tomorrow, but when I went back in I saw it has restarted previously to the beginning. This is terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines