• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hover scrub thumbnails only from in-point to out-point?

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I really like how I can drag clips from a sequence into a new project-bin and then hover scrub the thumbnails (in icon view), but i couln't find a solution to only scrub from the in-point to the out-point instead of the whole file. Have I overlooked something?

So I know, that one way would be to make clipcopies of clips in a sequence and save them into a new folder. But I can't mark all clips and make clipcopies of all of them at the same time, or I just don't know how to. I have to do it for every individual clip. So if you know how to do it for multiple clips at the same time, this would also help me.

I need to have this because I want to edit in a flow-transition style and need to have a good and fast overview of my selected parts of clips. This would really help me to see which clips that match together.

I'm working on premiere pro cc 2015.4

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit in a flow-transition style

I have never heard of that and so have no understanding of what you mean by it, but no, there is no method to limit Hover Scrub as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm not sure if this is the right expression, but it would nice to have this anyway.

So does somebody know how to clipcopy multiple clips in a sequence in one step?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly does "clipcopy" mean?  You looking to just select and copy a group of clips from one location to another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't translate 1:1 from the german version. I found out that it's actually called "make subclip" in the english version.

I can make a subclip from a selected clip in a sequence and put this one into a new bin but I don't know how to do this for more than one clip in one step. This is what I mean.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivaphil:

It sounds like you want Subclips.  So, after marking your In and Out, you can make a Subclip.

While you have to do them one at a time, you can do this while using Icon View in the Project tab, using the Source window or from the Timeline.

To make a Subclip while using Icon View:

1. Set the Project tab view to Icon View.
  2. Skim to where you want your In mark then press I to set the In point.
  3. Skim to where you want your Out mark, then press O to set the Out point.
  4. Choose Clip > Make Subclip or press command U, Mac or control U, Windows.

To make a Subclip using the Source window:

1. Open the clip in the Source Window.
  2. Set your In mark.
  3. Set your Out Mark.
  4. Choose Clip > Make Subclip or press command U, Mac or control U, Windows.

To make a Sublcip from the Timeline:

1. In the Timeline tab, set your In mark and your Out mark.
  2. Press command U, Mac or control U, Windows.

Give this a try and report back.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Warren

Thank you. You are right it's called subclip in the english version. And thanks for your explanations, but what I was searching for is to do this for every selected clip in a sequence in just one step, instead of select every singe clip and do this task 100 or more times.

Maybe here again why I need this:

I like to preselect my footage in sequences. Once I have the ultimate sequence with just the best of the best of my footage and actually want to start my edit, it would be nice to have a good overview of all this clips. And for this I like the icon view with hover scrub in the project panel. But the problem is that there is no way to limit the hover scrub for only the range between in- and out-point like Jim_Simon said. So I thought that it maybe would be possible with subclips?

But it seems, that this is impossible as you mention "While you have to do them one at a time,..."

Or do you have any other tips how to get a similar good overview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vivaphil:

Subclips = Clipcopies.  Good to know!

I can think of two alternatives:

Add an edit instead of marking an In and an Out in the Timeline.  That is, just use the Razor Tool or press command K (Mac) while the the clip or clips are selected (if nothing's selected, the keyboard shortcut will add an edit on clips that are in Tracks with the Target enabled).  Mark and Extract any segments that you don't want to keep.  Select all of what's left in the Timeline and drag it back to a Bin in the Project tab.  You won't get Subclips, but you should see that the respective In and Out is maintained when you skim over a clip while in Icon View.  Of course, you could still Subclip, but you'll have to do it one segment at at time.

Or...

Have you tried using Prelude to create Subclips?  You wouldn't be able to do it from the Timeline, but on a clip by clip basis, Subclipping is entirely keyboard shortcut driven (1, Return, I, then O).  You can filter the Prelude Project tab to show you only Subclass, select them, and then use Send to Premiere Pro (File > Send to Premiere Pro...).

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines