• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to know that a new project is opened from a JSX panel ?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to know that a new project (and specifically, a new bin) was opened from a JSX panel ?

Thanks,

Oran

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no programmatic way of distinguishing between a "pure" user interaction (point&click) and an "automated" Panel action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I don't want to differ between bins that were added "automatically" (a bin added by a panel) or "manually" (added by the user).

What I'd like to be aware of is that a new bin was added (be it by the user or by the panel).

I can of course use polling to enumerate the bins - and find out that a new bin is added. But I'm trying to avoid polling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah. So you want an event listener which in this specific case is listening to a "bin created" event. Well if you create a function in your panel which creates a bin and emits a catchable event, that's feasible, but if a user created the bin from the PrPro UI there'd be no event (please somebody correct me if I'm wrong here...).

Polling (through a timer or timeout) is bad practice in general...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines