• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a Timer - that measures without any "jumps"

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I know that this a common issue and that the easiest solution is the Time-Code.

But I have noticed that the Timecode only goes to 0,24s and when I go one frame further it jumps directly to 1s.

How can I solve this? And what is the reason for this jump in the time...

P.S. The secdond-timer is still correct, but because I have to measure at least 1/10th of a second it is a very big problem.

-I am also very new in Premier Pro, sorry   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the time code to Audio Units:

Work with timecode in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I now changed how timecode is displayed, but how can I change the Timer that I did with timecode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please do not double post

Thread locked

Continue here: Timer with timecode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several different types of timecode but you'd have to google that for specifics and history etc.   It doesn't matter in this case.

In a way ( sorta ) timecode is like military time … so when starting out it looks like 01:00:00:00  which means hours minutes seconds and FRAMES.

Starting out with 01 means that you are beginning the FIRST HOUR of time. It does NOT MEAN you already have one hour recorded.

It goes up to 24 hours and starts back at ONE, more or less.

Here is timecode like you have that shows the play head ( CTI ) at the 23rd frame of a film shot at 24 frames per second ( actually it's shot at 23.976 but that's another issue not worth going into ).  You can see by the image it is at the 23rd frame.

Then, when I advance the play head ( CTI) one more frame it goes to 1 second and 00 frames....

Therefore, if you think about 24 fps, and think about how much time you have to deal with ( 1/2 second would be 12 frames ) you may be able to do most of your work without using the timecode for audio which limits what you can do with cuts, because you can't cut the middle of a FRAME.  Know what I mean ??

TIMECODE 1.jpg

TIMECODE 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24 divided into 1 second is

0.0416666666666667‬

rounded out that is about 42 milliseconds ( 1/24th of a second ) ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines