• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Remove Master Clip Effects on Hundreds of Clips?

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing with browser set to Icon view of which does not display Time Code just duration and since I'm editing 3 Cameras and 6 GoPros I've added Time Code to hundreds of Master Clips. I've completed a lengthy time line with many clips and would like to remove the Time Code from Master Clips or even just the clips in the Time Line before output.

How do you remove Master Clips effects for all clips in the project or even just the Time Line Clips. I've watched many tutorials but all of them deal with just a few clips.

Also, I can't seem to apply effects to Audio Master Clips.

Macbook Pro OSX El Capitan ver10.11.4

Pro CC 2015.3

Source Material Sony XDCAM EX 30p

Project Sony XDCAM EX 30p

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Select clips in the Project Window, right click, disable Master Clip Effects.

It will disable all effects (if added) not just the Timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a macro that does the following: 
- Open the selected clip in Project Panel in the Source Monitor

- Switch to the Effects panel with Master Clip Effects in view 
- Select all Master Clip Effects
- Delete all Master Clip Effects
- Paste updated Master Clip Effects

As long as you add the effects you want to be applied or updated to your clipboard beforehand, you can apply this macro to any folder of clips you want to all have the same Master Clip Effects. 

You can even tell the macro how many clips are in the bin and if you select the first clip it will fix all clips in the bin. 

I can't upload the macro from Keyboard Maestro but here's a screenshot if you want to make it yourself, it's not too involved thankfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any chance you could email that to me?  I don't use Keyboard Maestro dbeatydbeaty@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another circumstance that forces us to face this problem!

This is the problem of archiving a project using a Project manager. If there is an effect on the master clips (for example, Lumetri) that it consolidates the entire source file into a folder and thus the meaning of this function disappears. This happens even if you disable the Effects applied to the master clips. That is, it is the function of removing the effect from the set of master clips that is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines