• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set default Sequence > Sequence Settings > Timebase to 30 or 60 frames/second?

Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating computer graphic animations at 30 and 60 fps output as single PNG images. The issue is that every time I import the frames into Adobe Premiere Pro it defaults to 29.97 fps. This obliges me to select the sequence and go to Sequence > Sequence Settings > Timebase and select 30 fps with every new sequence; I never work with 29.97 fps.  How do I set the global default to be something other than 29.97 fps? Thanks. Premiere Pro v2.22, Windows 11.

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

The issue is that every time I import the frames into Adobe Premiere Pro it defaults to 29.97 fps.

By @XilburQost

Go to Edit > Preferences > Media and set the Indeterminate Media Timebase to either 30 or 60. This will have no effect on images already imported. All files that you import from now on will come in at the fps you have specified.

If you set it to 30, imported images comes in as 30 fps.

If you set it to 60, imported images comes in as 60 fps.

As stated, this will only work for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that every time I import the frames into Adobe Premiere Pro it defaults to 29.97 fps.

By @XilburQost

Go to Edit > Preferences > Media and set the Indeterminate Media Timebase to either 30 or 60. This will have no effect on images already imported. All files that you import from now on will come in at the fps you have specified.

If you set it to 30, imported images comes in as 30 fps.

If you set it to 60, imported images comes in as 60 fps.

As stated, this will only work for stills you import and will not effect already imported images, so planning is the key here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Averdahl,

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!

By @XilburQost

You´re welcome! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines