• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to store & reuse clips/images with animations/effects applied to them?

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched through Google and the tutorial videos but unfortunately I couldn't find the answer to my particular question. I have an image an animation applied to it, and I want to reuse the same combination of image + animation throughout many projects in the future. Is there a way for me to store this combination? I was only able to find ways to reuse the image OR the animation (using presets) but not both together.

Regards

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

If the image and animation are both in the EGP you can save it as a mogrt.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Premiere Pro in a Production mode, it's quite simple.

Simply make a folder within the Production for say template and other assets. Then inside that folder, create a new project and drag/drop this into that project. Now you can drag/drop it to any other project made within that Production.

I'm a one-person shop, and I work TOTALLY in Production mode so all my audio libraries, graphics, shapes, b-roll, everything is available to any project.

If you're using the old stand-alone project format, make a new project as a Template project. Copy this to that project. In the future, copy this from that project into your working project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion, but when I add that asset to the Production folder it doesn't seem to store the animation together with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to make the clip I wanna reuse a (sub)sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the image and animation are both in the EGP you can save it as a mogrt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get the PNG image and animation (which comes from the Effects tab) into the EGP or do I need after effects for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont need Ae.

You can drag the png into the EGP or see screenshot

Might need to do the animation again.

AnnBens_0-1631703649276.png

Edit: what do you mean, animation comes from the Effects tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I follow your instructions all that happens is that the image is added to my scene. But nothing is added to EGP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in the EGP, and you do as Ann shows, add from file, yes, it is added into the layer stack in the EGP.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what that means. I am a beginner. My Premiere Pro behaves as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its added to the timeline so has it been added to the EGP.

Image in EGP.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has their CC (Creative Cloud) Libraries ... they come with your subscription. Things like graphics, mogrts, LOOKs, and many other things can be shared via those Libraries.

You see a Library panel in PrPro, that's what that is ... the panel to show any CC Libraries you have or have shared with others.

In the EGP ... that Essential Graphics Panel ... the Browse tab of that panel allows you to select whether you are seeing things from a Local Folder or a Library. And if so, which Library. You can move things between folders and Libraries as you wish.

It's worth going to their Help on this to get a feel for the use of it. And this is the primary means of reusing mogrts.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the libraries and I've also been going through the tutorials. However, I can't add normal text to the EGP panel the way Ann Bens described it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I found the solution: I had to create a separate project and put the reusable files in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I understand what you are referring to. You're talking about adding the image to an existing essential graphic. As I explained in my initial question, my image is a normal PNG image on the timeline. In this case this doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, looks like this actually does work! I swear, the first time I tried this nothing happened at all. Looks like I had to restart Premiere Pro first. Thank you, that looks like the solution I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course, it works............. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers! In Camtasia there was something called libraries where I could add these items and reuse them across projects. Is there nothing similar in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mogrts can be saved and distributed through the CC Libraries. It's the main way of handling them whether storing, using, or distributing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that sounds like what I need! But it also seems that I need Adobe After Effects for that, which I don't have. Is there a way to create the mogrt file from the clip on the timeline in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up creating a separate project for my reusable assets and just copy pasting them when I need them. Seems to make the most sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines