• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use a Behringer BCF2000 control surface with Adobe Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Behringer BCF2000 which I recently purchased on eBay.

It's an older device with motorised faders which can function as a MIDI controller or as a Mackie control surface.

I want to use it as a control surface inside Adobe Premiere CC 2023 and Audition, mainly to adjust levels on projects.

I have connected the Behringer to my M1 MacBook Pro via USB. I'm running MacOS Ventura.

I have followed this video precisely, and tried rebooting the Behringer into modes 2 and 4, which are supposed to be:

• Mode 2 = Mackie Control (Cubase and Nuendo)
  • Mode 4 = Mackie Control (Sonar)

I can write volume moves from the Behringer into Premiere / Audition. I cannot get those moves to play back on the motorised faders in any way.

When I set the faders to Read mode in Premiere, and play back my project, all the faders on the Behringer jump to zero and do not move.

In the video he says to use Mode 4. I have tried Modes 2 and 4 without success. After powering up the Behringer with the 4th button held down, I then press the Exit button. This isn't mentioned in the video, but without doing it, the Behringer never appears as an interface to the Mac.

When my Behringer powers up, it appears to be using Firmware 1.10. In the video he is using 1.07.

I have read this post about control surfaces, but it did not help me. Any advice appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video of the issue here (I'm the same user, no idea why the Adobe Forum has me logged in as two different users):

https://youtu.be/ApRuN_SURUk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello tomhan,

Though I used to have one of these, I never used it with Premiere Pro. I’ve not got a lot of experience with control surfaces and PPro, so hopefully someone more informed will leave more helpful comments. My experience is that Adobe support for control surfaces is spotty and getting things working is touch and go.

I have 2 things for you to consider.

The first is global settings on the unit.

The video instructions you linked to exclusively recommend Mode 4 for the BCF.

As you say - you had to press the “exit” button, once you’ve set the mode, but before you exit you are in “EG” mode or “edit global mode”.

This video shows some standard settings to check for EG in Mode 4. I have no idea if they’ll help, but since you bought this second hand, perhaps some of those settings were changed? You could also look up how to do a factory reset on your BCF 2000 or upgrade the firmware (as you hinted).

The second thing is to review the Adobe online documentation (which is, well, sparse). But do check you have the appropriate toggle set for Clip Mixer or Track Mixer depending on what you want.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines