Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image sequence scaling gone wrong since updating to Premiere 2019

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would love some advice on how to get my image sequences to work again!

I have been doing a lot of image sequences for a project and had no problems, so am now getting frustrated with the update as they are not working.

Now when I import image sequences since updating to Premier Pro 2019 the images are chopped. Before, my images would go in and get scaled down to the frame size no problem, so would still show the full image. However now, it will not scale down properly, instead chopping the images that are slightly bigger and in some instances layering two images on the same frame. I have tried adjusting the settings on Media/Default Media Scaling/Scale to Frame Size (but also trying out all the other options!)..I have tried using the scaling tool, and zooming out of the preview, to make sure it wasn't chopped off for me zooming in too much. I tried rendering and it still has the same problem. I have since tried to recreate a recent image sequence I had which worked fine in Premiere 2018, and the same thing happens - the images get chopped despite adjusting all the settings. The images are different sizes, however I did not have any problems before the update, so I am wondering if there is anything else I can do that is less time consuming than adjusting the size of each photo. How do I scale the images down in the image sequence to fit the frame rather than Premiere chopping half the image off? None of the media settings seem to be working!

I really appreciate any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Currently creating the image sequence on AfterEffects instead with no problems to deal with the issue, but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently creating the image sequence on AfterEffects instead with no problems to deal with the issue, but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the same thing happened to us. When I simply add an image to the timeline and try to use scale to zoom in, it simply doesn't work in the preview monitor but does work when rendering. This is a major bug in Premiere 2019 since previous version did not have this issue. I tried it on 2 different work stations with different GPUs to make sure it is the software causing the problem.

ADOBE PLEASE FIX this bug ASAP!

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this problem. Any idea of anyone fixing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this problem with a feature film I've been working on.  Really need to fix since it's a doc with a lot of scale movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines