• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Sequence not working after Oct 17 update

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated CC today. I'm sharing work with a colleague via importing sequences. This has worked perfectly until today, could be a bug to do with the new multiple projects feature?

Premiere opens the Import Project dialog as usual:

Import_Project.png

Then, as usual, I select the sequence I want to import:

Import_Premiere_Pro_Sequence_and_Import_Files.png

Click OK...

... and nothing happens.

We have tried to import sequences from updated and previous versions of CC. We used the Import... dialog as well as dragging and dropping from the Media Browser. We tried a different machine (MacPro 5,1 & iMac 5K Retina Late 2015), both running OSX Sierra 10.12.6

Please help! It's a live project and we'll loose a day's work if we have to revert to the last version of CC.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Hey guys! it seems that in the new release (12.1), the problem was solved. Do you confirm? i tried quickly on my mac with an example workaround and everything works well! What about on windows?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some new functionality with Team Projects you might find useful.  It's specifically designed for this type of scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have read about this but not only do you need a Team or Business account for the Team projects feature, which costs extra $$. But, more importantly, my question is about a bug. Sequence import is a crucial feature and I am sure it's still part of CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have no choice but to revert to the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the steps as you outlined above, and the sequence was imported as normal. 

Premiere Pro CC 2018

Windows 10

Quadro K2200

Intel i7-6700

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt.

Anyone tried this on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on a Mac. I go through all the steps and nothing happens. My guess is it's an issue with dynamic link. I rely on this function for working with an assistant editor. Please let me know if you figure out a solution, and I'll do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a mac and having the same problem since upgrading to 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I found a work around, but it's a bit of a hassle.

Instead of using the import function. I opened up my project in the media browser panel. NOT Media Browser through the drop down menu. This way I was able to get my sequences open using dynamic link. I tried to drag them into the project panel of the new project that I'm working in. That didn't work. So I ended up loading the sequences from the Media Browser panel into the source monitor and creating new sequences in the new project and then inserted the old sequences from the source monitor into the new sequences. I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you alices62977039 for this workaround. To reiterate what dhgb stated: the workaround still creates a mess of duplicated clips, even when I'm importing from a direct copy of my current project.  So at least in my case, the import issue has not been solved.

I have already submitted a bug report; I just want to emphasize that this bug is a major issue for shared workflows. It has halted sharing of sequences between myself and the director of a feature project.  It's a huge problem and I hope it's being treated as such.

Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.0.0

MacOS 10.12.6

iMac 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone ever find a solution where you can import a sequence (either through the import function or the media browser) without duplicating source clips? I used to do this all the time, and I really need that functionality for a shared workflow with another editor. The workaround is too messy for a big shared project. We need the sequences to import and import to the original media that's already on the disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's still broken for us on CC 2018.  The only solution I've found is to downgrade back to CC 2017 or use Team Projects in CC 2018.

Please file a bug report with Adobe so they can get this prioritized!

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea but unfortunately this didn't work for me. I'm having the same exact issues in Premiere Pro 2018. Tried adding the sequences from the source monitor into a new sequence, but nothing imported into the sequence. Ugh... frustrating Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too.  The caveat on a MacbookPro running Sierra 10.12.6 and Premiere at v 12.0.1 (build 9) was that while it would load into the source monitor, I couldn't create a sequence or paste into a sequence.  I was able to right click on the sequence in the media browser and import successfully.  The project has to be closed and reopened to see the media associated with that sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please can everyone read the thread from the top before posting. This is all getting very repetitive and anyone from Adobe who might look at this, (in our dreams!), will get bored very quickly and ignore it! The problem and only one being discussed here is that you can't copy sequences anymore without bringing in duplicate media and folders. There is no way to do this. It is a bug with the 12.0 update. The only way of cancelling it is reverting to the 2017 (pre October) update which is a problem if your colleagues are working on newer versions. If you are working on the same project between different editors/ colleagues this is a huge problem generally. Adobe need to fix this and the more of you that fill out bug reports the better. I've filled out 6 now...its a pain in the butt but apparently the only way we might get anywhere.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing. Worked for me. Just drag and drop the sequence from media browser or use the import command on project window (OSX El Captain - imac 27 late 2009)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I tried importing sequences from other projects with the same result. What I did get to work was clicking the box that says duplicate files from the other sequences which adds a bunch of convoluted extra files.  Even after saving the as a new project after the import with a different name the file structure stays the same and you can't delete the extra files in your project without losing them from the timeline.  Also, opening projects into current projects causes problems with saving.  It will save changes to the project the was opened into the project rather than save to the project that was opened and imported to.  I lost a bunch of work and had to find some auto saves to work from because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, running on a Mac. Cannot import from the Project window, cannot import from the Media Browser window. Click OK or Import and nothing happens.

alices62977039's workaround works for me. Basically you get the sequence you want to import to open op as source monitor, then copy and paste everything from that sequence into a new sequence. As soon as you go to paste, it will import all of the necessary assets, so be prepared to get them all into a new bin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, drag and dropping sequences from Media Browser panel to Project doesn't do anything.  I'm on CC 2018, Mac Pro (Late 2013 model), OSX El Capitan v.10.11.6.

The workaround alices62977039 described worked for me, using the Source timeline to copy and paste the assets into a new timeline.  However, it's also not aware of all the media already present in the destination project and brings in many duplicate folders and assets as a result.

This is a huge part of our workflow, so a real solution would be appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge part of our workflow, so a real solution would be appreciated! 

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem as well on both of my macs running Premiere 12.0, build 224.

When I try to import several sequences at a time, nothing happens. When I chose one sequences at a time, some of the sequences are imported, others not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK this bug still persists. Interesting though that you get some sequences imported. For me, it doesn't work at all.

Please, everyone, send bug reports to Adobe:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this problem on Premiere 2018 using a PC. Some sequences do import, but most do nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines