• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Sequence not working after Oct 17 update

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated CC today. I'm sharing work with a colleague via importing sequences. This has worked perfectly until today, could be a bug to do with the new multiple projects feature?

Premiere opens the Import Project dialog as usual:

Import_Project.png

Then, as usual, I select the sequence I want to import:

Import_Premiere_Pro_Sequence_and_Import_Files.png

Click OK...

... and nothing happens.

We have tried to import sequences from updated and previous versions of CC. We used the Import... dialog as well as dragging and dropping from the Media Browser. We tried a different machine (MacPro 5,1 & iMac 5K Retina Late 2015), both running OSX Sierra 10.12.6

Please help! It's a live project and we'll loose a day's work if we have to revert to the last version of CC.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Hey guys! it seems that in the new release (12.1), the problem was solved. Do you confirm? i tried quickly on my mac with an example workaround and everything works well! What about on windows?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can tell it directly to Adobe here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It's very important that we all file a bug report!

Feel free to give Adobe feedback about Stefan's lack of politeness and knowledge as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob! I've filled more than a few of those out already. Are you experiencing the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to import sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Bob

Would you mind sharing how and a little info about  what vers of premiere you’re on and whether you get the repeated media following the sequence into the project etc etc.

It’d be great if you could Help. As you can see there are literally hundreds of people who are affected by this

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alexh96782824  wrote

Would you mind sharing how and a little info about  what vers of premiere you’re on and whether you get the repeated media following the sequence into the project etc etc.

I am using Premiere Pro 12.0.1 on Windows 10.

I am able to import sequences, but do get the repeated media.  I just delete the duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro 12.0.1 on Windows 10.

I am able to import sequences, but do get the repeated media.  I just delete the duplicates.

Hey

Thanks for the above. Unfortunately it doesn’t fix the problem especially if you are working on a large project with proxies beca when it comes to onling the project and conforming premiere thinks it’s looking for deleted files and doesn’t link to the originals.

Thanks anyway though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the issue will be resolved in an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem in 12.0 and have just completed a fresh install of OSX (on a completely formatted hard drive) and reinstalled Premiere, After Effects etc and updated to Premiere 12.1 and the problem persisted on the very first project I opened. In the past a fresh install has often done away with weird problems like this but it is clearly an actual program error rather than some odd latent preferences clash. Getting tired of Adobe finding new ways of creating problems for me. I will probably go back to 2017 for future projects for now. I'm going to test out Final Cut and if clients don't care which software I use I might even see how some free editing programs or Adobe competitors stack up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Bug when importing.

I'm on the latest Premiere, Win10.

Can not import a XML (From Resolve)

Can not import a timeline from another project.

Bin stays blank.

I can not downgrade due to clients using this version.

Any thoughts?

-Evan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ale_Zakko had the right idea (good job!), here is a break down:

1. Open the project you want to import to.

2. Open the project you want to import from WITHOUT closing the one already open

3. From the new project window popping up, simply drag and drop the items you want to import to the project window you want to import to.

4. When finished, close the project you want to import from.

As far as I understand selecting and drag-dropping a sequence auto-selects and imports the bins and material connected to it, and it actually gives you a lot more control of where you want the files and bins to wind up in.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please can everyone read the thread from the top before posting. This is all getting very repetitive and anyone from Adobe who might look at this, (in our dreams!), will get bored very quickly and ignore it! The problem and only one being discussed here is that you can't copy sequences anymore without bringing in duplicate media and folders. There is no way to do this. It is a bug with the 12.0 update. The only way of cancelling it is reverting to the 2017 (pre October) update which is a problem if your colleagues are working on newer versions. If you are working on the same project between different editors/ colleagues this is a huge problem generally. Adobe need to fix this and the more of you that fill out bug reports the better. I've filled out 6 now...its a pain in the butt but apparently the only way we might get anywhere.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked for me!

Thanks

Mac version of Premiere, 12.0.1

OS X 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across this issue after updating to 2018. After trying out the suggestions here and nothing working I found an additional workaround. If you re-install 2017 and open up a project in each version, you can copy and paste from timeline to timeline. Just copy whatever part of the sequence you want from the older version and paste into a timeline in the new version. I was surprised it worked quiet honestly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please can everyone read the thread from the top before posting. This is all getting very repetitive and anyone from Adobe who might look at this, (in our dreams!), will get bored very quickly and ignore it! The problem and only one being discussed here is that you can't copy sequences anymore without bringing in duplicate media and folders. There is no way to do this. It is a bug with the 12.0 update. The only way of cancelling it is reverting to the 2017 (pre October) update which is a problem if your colleagues are working on newer versions. If you are working on the same project between different editors/ colleagues this is a huge problem generally. Adobe need to fix this and the more of you that fill out bug reports the better. I've filled out 6 now...its a pain in the butt but apparently the only way we might get anywhere.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is an absolute flipping nightmare and making my film a flipping nightmare while trying share sequences with my director. Totally unforgivable oversight. I want to swear very badly right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it can help someone. If you drag and drop a sequence from project opened from browser, you can drag the clips to your new timeline, but it seems that premiere doesn't import nothing, if there's a nested sequence inside the relative timeline...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Bumping this thread. Sent in a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! it seems that in the new release (12.1), the problem was solved. Do you confirm? i tried quickly on my mac with an example workaround and everything works well! What about on windows?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe this problem existed on Windows.  At least, I was never able to duplicate it.  Sequences from other projects always imported fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating, it appears to be fixed for me.  I am on windows and it seems my projects import correctly now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed.  Problem solved in 12.1.0 Build186 released 04/03/18.  Importing a sequence works as it did in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Si comfermo pure io

premiere pro cc 2019 + media encoder cc 2019 + windows 10 pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still experiencing this problem even after updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean: Try to trash your preferences and see if that helps. When launching Premiere Pro, hold down these keys:

For the Mac, press Shift+Option

For the PC, press Shift+Alt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines