• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Premiere Pro I have no shape tools when I add Mosaic effect?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make an oval mask over a video of my son playing basketball so he is easily seen during basketball game video.

I saw a video about the new tracking using Mosaic effect but when I add that effect I do not get the shape tools....I did see where it says it does not work with Warp Stabilizer but I never added that to the video?

How do I turn off Warp stabilizer or where do I find my shape tools?

I'm using Windows 8

Current Premiere Pro CC

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

oh my goodness Ronin...I'm so sorry I wasted your time...I ABSOLUTELY HATE Windows 8...

I thought I was opening my updated Premiere Pro from today but it was the older one...

I scrolled all the way across and found the new Premiere PRO and tried the Mosiac and it works great!!!

I'm so sorry for bothering you...I TRULY APPRECIATE your patience and your expertise!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you....Happy DANCIN'!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all of these will be in the effect controls window for the selected clip. if it shows no Warp Stabilizer effect listed, it shouldn't be active. you need to add an effect such as RGB curves or fast color corrector if you want to change brightness/contrast with the mask. this mask tool was a recent addition to the adobe software, so if you have an older version of premiere you may not have these.

effects.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Ronin...that is exactly what I was thinking...That if I had Warp Stabilizing that it would be in the effects Control window and is not!!!

I just uploaded the latest version of Premiere Pro CC today because I saw that tutorial on masking...but I have NO SHAPE Tools?

Thank you for any additional advice you may have on this situation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which effect are you trying to use it with?  i think all effects have those 3 tools, the elipse, square and pen icons. are they missing from all your effects when you add them? can you verify your premiere pro is the latest version, from the help menu, about. at the bottom should read 8.2.0 (65)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Says I have latest version but mine says...v7.2.7, More REEL

I'm using Windows 8

I have no shape tools in any of the effects under Effects Control Panel

I drag the effect from the Effects window onto the clip and then the effect shows up in the Video Effects Control Panel where I can ajust it...but there are NO SHAPE TOOLS

Again I thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShotOfWindow.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a subscription to adobe creative cloud, you should be able to install the latest version 8.2.0 (65).  version 7.x will not have these new tools built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a cc subscriber...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my goodness Ronin...I'm so sorry I wasted your time...I ABSOLUTELY HATE Windows 8...

I thought I was opening my updated Premiere Pro from today but it was the older one...

I scrolled all the way across and found the new Premiere PRO and tried the Mosiac and it works great!!!

I'm so sorry for bothering you...I TRULY APPRECIATE your patience and your expertise!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you....Happy DANCIN'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, no problem. glad you got it going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ronin,

do you have the link for the 8.0 update?  I'm not a newb, but for some reason I cant find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it should be in the Adobe creative cloud program. if for some reason that doesn't update or work, you can reinstall it or try the links from this other website. All Adobe CC 2014 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Windows | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines