• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incredible long rendertime

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i just wanted to render a 4k video (01:52:43 hr).
But it says up to 11 hrs for that video and when i start the rendering my GPU only maxes out up to 10
%.
Do i have to change settings to get a faster time
?

Videosettings
:

Format: H.264

UHD (3840x2160)

Square Pixel

Max. deepness

Max. Render Quality

Hardware Rendering Profile: High

Level: 5.2

VBR: 30

My specs:

i7 13700k

RX 7900XT

32 GB

DDR5 Winwdows 11

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Hey,

actually the video file was corrupted but just on my PC, i tryed it on my MacBook Pro 2019 and it was rendering but the memory was to low.

So my fix was that i was using CapCut PC to "renew" my video file (which has worked) and then i used the new file for my premiere video.

After that it needed 3 hrs.

I have to say i had some effects (which are maybe time consumpting idk) on the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max depth and quality add significant to render times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, but does it look much worse if theyre not enabled ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, will try thank you 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if this solution worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nearly two hour sequence of H. 264 encoding is a chunk of work. And is going to still be a rather significant file on export.

So the first question ... Premiere's export process needs at least 4-5 times the free space on the drive you are exporting to, as the final file size will be. So ... do you have a LOT of free space on that drive?

Second ... Premiere uses cache files extensively for a lot of processes. So ... do you have a LOT of fast access, cache only space available for Premiere? (For example, I have two Nvme SSD drives, one only for OS/programs, the other ONLY used for video post cache drive space. I never run out of fast internal cache space.)

Third, which driver is being used by that AMD GPU? Drivers can be a HUGE boost ... or pain.

Finally, until @RjL190365 weighs in here, the rest of us are not nearly as heavily directly knowledgeable as they are. We can make comments where RJK can pronounce Results.

In my experience here and elsewhere, although AMD GPUs are finally starting to be competitive with Nvidia GPUs for video post (a very different use than gaming!) ... most apps in video post are still more naturally coded to work with Nvidia cards. Premiere, Resolve, you name it. That migh be part of the issue also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always, valid points, @R Neil Haugen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

actually the video file was corrupted but just on my PC, i tryed it on my MacBook Pro 2019 and it was rendering but the memory was to low.

So my fix was that i was using CapCut PC to "renew" my video file (which has worked) and then i used the new file for my premiere video.

After that it needed 3 hrs.

I have to say i had some effects (which are maybe time consumpting idk) on the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the first question ... Premiere's export process needs at least 4-5 times the free space on the drive you are exporting to, as the final file size will be. So ... do you have a LOT of free space on that drive?

I do have enough space on my 5 SSDs.

Second ... Premiere uses cache files extensively for a lot of processes. So ... do you have a LOT of fast access, cache only space available for Premiere? (For example, I have two Nvme SSD drives, one only for OS/programs, the other ONLY used for video post cache drive space. I never run out of fast internal cache space.)
5 NVMe SSDs

Third, which driver is being used by that AMD GPU? Drivers can be a HUGE boost ... or pain.
Newest one according to AMD Adrenaline (at that time i was trying it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines