• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Encore with CC is no longer available

Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download Encore. All Tutorials say to install CS6 for that, via the "earlier Versions" Function in CC. But I can't choose CS6, as seen in the Screenshot below.

Screenshot (406).PNG

[Title edited to reflect Adobe's new policy]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

You can use Encore now only if you have an old perpetual license. It is no longer available as part of a subscription

If there are any options available to you, you can contact customer care.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a statement from an Adobe Staff member about the availability of previous product versions, this might have something to do with your issue.

Going forward, Creative Cloud customers can download only the two most recent major versions of Creative Cloud applications. This change enables us to develop the features and functionality most requested by customers and ensure peak performance across all Creative Cloud apps and services. We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Creative Cloud to have access to the latest features, optimal performance, security updates and other benefits.

Please read Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability | Adobe Blog for more information.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do we get Encore, something i paid for in my subscription to make DVD's. No Encore, no renew next year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Encore now only if you have an old perpetual license. It is no longer available as part of a subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Stan+Jones  wrote

and with that, Adobe has officially killed my all time favorite adobe application i may have to go up the road and get a 40 so i can pour one out.

to get slightly personal, it was futzing around with a copy of encore cs4 at church in feb of 2010 that sparked a tiny ember that "hey, maybe videography is something i should get into?." i had bought Jeff Bellune's book and basically went through a crash course on disc authoring, something i had never done before. i got so advanced with encore over the next 18 months, that i was actually one of the beta testers invited in late 2011 by adobe to test Encore for cs6. fast forward 9 years later, i'm working as a professional full time editor (although the company uses avid. barf!) all because of dabbling around with encore over a couple of weeks for a personal project  i will forever hold a special place in my heart for this little application that has kept on for 6 years now with zero support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are alternatives to Encore, some of them better, but none offer both dvd and BluRay authoring with direct integration to Photoshop. It would be nice to have just the Encore download available without Premiere CS6 even without any official support but perhaps the Dolby encoding issue would prevent this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, dolby isn't the issue. They still had CS6 for download after they moved to OS decoding. Adobe just wants to fleece its customers and break their commitment to its customers. I'm seriously thinking of not renewing next year and simply going with a single app subscription to PhotoShop & illustrator only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried to start Encore and got the dreaded ' You need to re-install the program' error box. I've had this several times in the past and re-installing Encore CS6 from CC has always fixed the issue. Not so easy now!  Luckily I still have the installation discs, it installed perfectly and accepted the serial number. The installer still gave you the option to link it to CC but this does not now exist, I didn't try it to see what would happen if I clicked on it, I'm just glad I've got Encore working again. I will have to start looking for alternatives, there might be a time when it won't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Stan says, CS6 is no longer included with a subscription, so an alternative for DVD only http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html that I have seen mentioned

Otherwise, you'll have to Google to find a DVD (or Blu Ray) authoring program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a direct quote from Adobe:

Creative Cloud subscription offers numerous benefits, including frequent product updates with new features and capabilities, critical bug fixes and important security updates. We recommend all customers use the latest release of Creative Cloud for optimal performance and benefits.

Please note that going forward, Creative Cloud customers will only have direct download access (from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and Adobe.com) to the two most recent major versions of Creative Cloud desktop applications.*(Shouldn't Adobe  Encore be in this category?)

Focusing our efforts on the latest two major releases of Creative Cloud applications, which the vast majority of Adobe customers are already using, will further enable us to develop the features and functionality most requested by customers and ensure peak performance and benefits across Windows and Mac operating systems. Business customers in need of an older version of a Creative Cloud application should contact their IT Administrator to see if one is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>(Shouldn't Adobe  Encore be in this category?)

Encore CS6 (which is bundled with Premiere Pro CS6) was never an actual part of a Cloud subscription

CS6 **used to be** an extra that could be installed as part of the "previous version" process of a Cloud subscription

As of 5-8-19 CS6 is no longer included with a subscription, so the only way to install CS6 now is by previously having purchased the serial number version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification.  It  is time for DVD and Blu-ray creators to find another program.  Encore is gone forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where can you buy the perpetual license. I also can't find anything on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sorry, Adobe no longer sells those; the last release was in 2012...

Update: You Can No Longer Buy CS6 from Adobe – Here's Why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so what Adobe is saying is, that there is no legal way to get CS6 anymore, not as a paying customer of their subscription model, nor if you want to buy the software outright.

So if you want to create a DVD or Blu Ray, you will have to [cencored] Nice

[Message edited... warning... discussing piracy is a reason to be banned from the forums]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe didn't pay for their Dolby Digital license and stopped distribution of Encore to save themselves litigation.

You can't use it any more or you assume liability. Adobe has officially stopped supporting the creation of physical media, which is anti-consumer and Adobe should fix it for what we pay for this service.

Software as a subscription is a shit model Adobe, and this is one big reason we hate it.

Mod note; Warning: please do not use profanity. It is against Adobe Community policy. We have minors reading here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the Internet for programs that  create DVD's and Blu-ray's.  Most of them have free trials.  Encore CS6 is 7 years old.  It will never be available again.  The demand for DVD's and Blu-ray's is becoming less and less.  I only create MP4 videos which can be watched on a variety of  devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Search the Internet for programs that  create DVD's and Blu-ray's.  Most of them have free trials. "

No. Adobe is supposed to be a comprehensive solution for creative professionals. This is unacceptable.

"Encore CS6 is 7 years old."

Photoshop is over 25 years old and still relevant. The age of a product does not determine its value.

"The demand for DVD's and Blu-ray's is becoming less and less."
Not for my customers. They still want discs to sell from their events.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is still relevant.  For the majority of video creators who use Premiere, DVD's and Blu-ray's are  no longer relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is still relevant.  For the majority of video creators who use Premiere, DVD's and Blu-ray's are  no longer relevant.

So what? For lots of creators it is relevant. Digital distribution has not replaced clients ordering discs for a lot of smaller creators. This sucks, and any defense of the decision is just gas lighting by people who have unaffected workflows. Your opinion doesn't represent everyone. This change doesn't affect you, but it affects lots of the rest of us so stop defending it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are only creating DVDs, try DVD Styler.  It is a free program.  If you create  an MPEG2 DVD video in Premiere, DVD Styler will not reincode the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the suggestion. Sadly my current client wants options. She sells DVD, BluRay and USB thumb drives as a fund raiser for her dance company and takes orders based on what people want and can use. I'd love to switch to digital distribution only, and probably will going forward, but she's already taken orders for BluRay and DVDs so this sudden "You're now using this illegally" messaging with zero warning is a kick in the teeth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the suggestion. Sadly my current client wants options.

For options you can download a fully functional 30 day trial of TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 - The Ultimate DVD / Blu-ray / AVCHD Authoring Tool - Pegasys Inc.

Encore is more flexable when it comes to menus but TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 is easy to work with and does the job. I bought a copy myself approx one month ago and is satisfied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you satisfied with tmpgenc I just downloaded the trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines