• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iphone 14 Pro Max importing to premiere pro v22 and when I select 50% it's total crap and jittery

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure hope someone knows how to fix this bug.  I accidently upgraded to a newer version of Premiere Pro last night.  I can't remember which I had but I downloaded an older version 3-4 years old from Adobe's CC and it worked perfect.

When I import my Iphone 14 Pro Max footage to premiere pro v22 (Iphone settings 1080 6FPS) and when I select 50% it's totally jumpy and jittery.  I have worked with Premiere Pro for the past 8 years and only the newer versions of PP screw up the footage of the iphone when slowing down to 50%.  Doesn't happen with my Sony or my DJI footage.  I do the exact same decrease in speed and they are beautiful and smooth.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!  Can't find where to download an older version or did Adobe make it so hard to fix a very simple command that they've changed.

Thanks all!!!

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone media is VFR ... variable framerate. There aren't exactly any  number of frames per second, it constantly changes. A "60fps" clip will probably have a variance from say 57.3fps to 61.2fps.

Premiere, like most other NLEs, doesn't handle VFR well. It sorta does but if you do something like reversing, it goes off the rails.

Best practice for VFR media is to use the free utility apps Handbrake or ShutterEncoder to convert the files to CFR, then import the converted files into Premiere.

No, MediaEncoder cannot do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  The strange thing is all of my iphone 14 videos were perfectly smooth when I dropped them down to  50% speed.  I just tried to find the VFR to CFT tools on Shutter Encoder but cannot see how to export the files that way.  Any thoughts on where that command it?  Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFR not CFT.  Sorry about that typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShutterEncoder did a weird thing in an update last fall. Took me awhile to figure it out.

They moved the option to convert VFR to CFR ... to their Preferences options, of all places! And you have to figure out that a little icon upper left corner is now the Preferences 'key'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that tip.  I tried it but still doesn't take out the choppyness.  Kind of crazy.

Does ANYONE know where I can download a premiere cc copy from 2019 or 2020?  My cloud account doesn't go back that far anymore.  As I have mentioned.... there is NO issue with iphone footage on the older versions.  Not sure why adobe screwed this auto setting up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both and absolutely no difference.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only previous version that I have been able to download is 23.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found 22 but nothing earlier.... thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your PC specs no longer meet the minimum system requirements for CC2024?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can run 2024 just fine and it works perfect with everything EXCEPT IPHONE FOOTAGE.  I've tried Handbrake, Shutter Encoder and have changed from VFR to CFR and it still sucks.  I had cc2018 on my imac working PERFECTLY and I made a mistake and accidently upgraded it..... thought I was upgrading my photoshop BETA and screwed everything up.  I seriously can't believe Adobe makes it so freaking tough for something so simple.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a 10-20 second raw video straight from your phone? I'd love to test this footage out on my PC and see if I can replicate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.
If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reverting to an older version might be a temporary fix, but it's crucial to address the root cause for a smoother editing experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines