• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to clear the default video transition?

Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a keyboard shortcut to "apply default transitions to selection" however I only ever want to apply the default audio transition. There is no apply default audio transition option so it means than unless I option and click to only select the audio clips before applying my default transition, premiere applies a crossfade to the video too which i don't want.

I'm sure I've had it set up before so that it only applies the audio transition regardless of whether I'm drawing a box around both video and audio clips, or just audio clips before applying the transition.

Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

So, multiple things:
SHIFT D will add a default transition to Video and Audio.

CTRL D will add a default transition to only Video.

CTRL SHIFT D will add a default transition to only Audio.

You can also Copy and Paste an Audio Transition from one edit point to other edit points. I do this quite a bit when I'm adding very small crossfades between my edit points. I'll create the first transition and adjust the length to my liking, copy it, and then select all the other edit points. You can hold CT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, multiple things:
SHIFT D will add a default transition to Video and Audio.

CTRL D will add a default transition to only Video.

CTRL SHIFT D will add a default transition to only Audio.

You can also Copy and Paste an Audio Transition from one edit point to other edit points. I do this quite a bit when I'm adding very small crossfades between my edit points. I'll create the first transition and adjust the length to my liking, copy it, and then select all the other edit points. You can hold CTRL as you drag a marquee selection around clips to select only edit points.

Other helpful selection options:

You can hold ALT as you drag a marquee selection box around things and you'll select Linked Video or Audio independently, ignoring the link. In this case you could apply the default transition (Shift D) and it would only affect the audio, (although it's still worth learning the other shortcuts).
You can disable Linked Selection in the Timeline by turning off the toggle in the top left of the Timeline Panel. It's right next to the Snapping Toggle that looks like a Magnet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

problem solved! I must have had ctrl shift and d set up before. thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines