• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a keyboard shortcut to select multiple clips on the timeline?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a keyboard shortcut to select multiple clips on the timeline?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't use your mouse to select the clips, how would the keyboard shortcut know which clips to select?

Unless you want to select all the clips on unlocked tracks on the timeline, which would be Command (Control) + A.

If you want to select multiple clips with the mouse, hold the shift key down when clicking on the clips, or click down and drag across them.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to press D on the clip and then move to the next clip and select it as well keeping the original selected? and go through and select multiple clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, I don't think so.

You can use Command (Control) + Up Arrow to select the previous clip on the same track, and

Command (Control) + Down Arrow to select the next clip on the same track, but doing so will unselect the original clip.

Maybe someone else knows a way.

If not, and this is something you want added to Premiere, you can file a feature request:

Premiere Pro: Hot (3790 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Really, but here's a cool workaround.

1- In the sequence drop down, Enable "Selection follows playhead" This way, wherever you put your playhead, the clip will be selected.
2- Press the down arrow to go to the next edit point

3- Press Alt(Option)+Up to make the selected clip jump a track up. Do that to all the clips you intend to be selected.

4- When you have all the clips you want selected on another track, go ahead select them and drag them back down. They will preserve the selection.

If you tell me what is it that you are trying to achieve, I might be able to better help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Christian.Z   The author did tell you what they're trying to achieve, in the original post, and in their reply comment to it.  It's what you replied to.

I'm wondering the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines