• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a plugin for automatic video cutting?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My job is to re-edit already made videos, and it would make my life much easier to have the videos already cut for me so i can use the clips individually. So I was just wondering if there is a plugin which exists that can cut these videos up for me so I don't have to go through the video and manually cut every scene.

How I expect it to work; I would drag the original video into my timeline, and the plugin can determine where exact cuts need made because of colour change in scenes for example.

Thanks

Rory

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rory, I personally don't know of anything like that. But wouldn't that be nice to have! How are your videos recorded or handed to you? Is there a way to add markers placed on the camera changes or some kind of metadata included in the video that is handed to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's called " Scene Detection ", and is available in Resolve, so it might also be available with your CC... Do search on it.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scene detection is only available when capturing DV footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember reading about this in an old thread. The plug-in was called "Assistant Editor" or "Intern." icon_smile.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Rebellion has an edit detector as part of it's suite of ProMediaTools.  Pretty sure there's a demo available to see if it works for you.  It's not a plug-in but if I remember correctly outputs an xml file which you can bring in to Premiere.    Oddly enough when I first saw your subject I thought you were looking for some sort of AI that would do all your editing for you...

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promedia/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe... me too. The title made me think of a desire for robots to edit while you sleep. In resolve ( color) there's something to do that as you import the footage from media pool I think.. use it once as part of a tutorial I took a couple months ago. It was screwed up on cross dissolves and stuff like a car at night turns on it's headlights... but it's easy to delete those 'false cuts' as part of the process... you have to do the tutorial to know what I mean I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there, Rory,

It's not currently a feature in Premiere Pro, but would be nice to have. Can you recommend this feature by upvoting it on User Voice? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33924388-auto-scene-cut-det...

Thank You,
Kevin Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines