• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to copy a mask from one effect to another within the same clip?

New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently decided to give Premiere Pro CC a try and I'm wanting to add multiple effects to a clip that I have masked, but when adding a new effect it adds it to the entire clip and not just the masked portion; is there a way in which to:

a) add multiple effects to a masked portion of a clip

b) copy a free drawn bezier and apply it to a new effect within the same clip, or do I have to draw a new bezier mask every time I add a new effect?

...or am I just being dumb?

Any input would be very much appreciated.

TD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TD

You just need to make sure the effect you want to copy the mask to is selected when pasting.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a situation where I have a tracked mask on the Lumetri Color FX and I want to copy that mask and all it's position over all the frames to the opacity of another track. Copy and Pasting is not working. Surely there's got to be a way to do this. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years later and only one response?  How's this still not answered or a feature?  They're BOTH MASKS lol oof Adobe smdhs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Came here sniffing around for the same issue. Weird how there's nothing said about this yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aight nevermind I just managed to do it somehow. Right clicked on the mask for a specific effect and pressed copy, then I created a mask for a completely different effect, tried to right click and copy and it didn't work but then I pressed clear and idk what happened but it actually worked, it just transferred somehow. Just mess with it and it might work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Click to select the NAME of your animated MASK (I have to click to the right of it)

2. Right click your selected mask name and select Copy.

3. Click the NAME of your unmasked EFFECT

4. Right click the selected effect and select Paste.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines