• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to set duration for a vid transition?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if its something obvious. I'm new to c++ and this sdk.

I'm trying to modify CrossDissolve example from the sdk so it would apply my effect only to a couple of frames. To the last frame from one clip and the first frame of another clip. I need a way to either make length of the transition equal to 2 somehow or a way to determine the ending and starting frames. Atm my effect only works if a user manually sets it's length to minimum possible.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Zac can confirm, but I don't think anything in the Transition API will allow the transition to modify the range to which it's applied.

Imagine the user experience: "I applied this transition to this time range, then it changed out from under me!"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zac can confirm, but I don't think anything in the Transition API will allow the transition to modify the range to which it's applied.

Imagine the user experience: "I applied this transition to this time range, then it changed out from under me!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  There is a user preference where you can set the length of the default transition.  But the transition itself cannot enforce its length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines