• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just completed newest update and having problems with Program freezing

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the latest update and now when I am editing in premier, the program appears to freeze. I can still move my mouse around the page but I cant click on anything but the exit cross. Ive tried closing it down and re-opening and the program remains frozen. Ive tried this on about 5 different files and the issue remains until i restart my computer. Then I get to edit again on a new project for about 10 minutes and the issue happens again. Is anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Thanks everyone, I think I have solved the problem with a driver update. So far so good on a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deinstall,

Use cleaner tool,

reinstall.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Start with a new project and uncheck Import workspace from projects.

Then open old project

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks i will give it a go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is still occurring on old project files... it's actually buggy as it tries to load the files. I did a new project first as you suggest and the new project seemed to open fine but the older ones are not. The interface is slow to load and once they do I can't click anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new project and import old on into this new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the new project is also freezing. Just tried to edit something new and its also doing the same thing. Ive reinstalled twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will make a video and show you whats happening... can we upload video directly here or do we need to post a link to youtube?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtube will be fine.

Post computer spec amd kind of media use. Please be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10 and the video files I am importing are MTS format.. It's footage from video camera with audio. Ive been using premier pro for about 3 years with this media and never had a problem before.

Im just uploading my video to show you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you copy entire card to hdd first and ingest via Media Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I just did it that way, but the first time i was a bit lazy and took the contact from the card. But the clip i show you is with all footage already copied to my computer. Sorry I got a phone call, it's uploading now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry content not contact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont drag files.

Make sure you copy entire card (meaning also the metadata) to hdd first and ingest via Media Browser.

Try that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an external drive?

If so move to an internal drive.

Do you let everything confirm before doing anything on the timeline?

Clearing out Media Cache might help.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Im not using an exxternal drive I clean cache files out regularly. Let everything confirm? I've been using premier for 3 years now with no issue so honestly, i think the problem is either with the new update... perhaps a conflict....  or something I'm doing wrong since the update. Although im not using external drives, in the past if i ever did... there was no problem.

Did you watch the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I watched the video.

Systems can get corrupt.

I am out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the Creator update a couple of days ago: no issues what so ever.

Looks like Windows is a tad snappier.

Premiere runs smooth on Canon's codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into issues with PP bugging and crashing.  I think my issues are around the gpu, but don't know for sure.  I'm also wondering if Windows recent creators update might be the culprit.  In windows 10. microsoft pushes out updates automatically without the user having an option to say no or wait (win 10 pro gives the option to delay updates).

In your video you don't seem to have anything GPU accelerated going on in your timeline, but try changing the renderer to software and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann and thanks Brique, I will try that now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to try proxies. Machine might have trouble with avchd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone, I think I have solved the problem with a driver update. So far so good on a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines