• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just to save anyone else from wondering about audio/multicam/premiere

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was about to go all in on Premiere 'Pro' but after searching tutorials and finally chatting with Adobe, I learned what I consider is a stunning revelation.

If you have two camera angles, and four channels of audio included on those to camera angles, you can not switch the audio independent of the video in Premiere 'Pro'.  I've been editing in various NLE software for years and I've never come across a 'Pro' software that prohibits audio switching .  For crying out loud, FCPX, as amateur as it is, lets your audio switch independent of the video.

I just wanted to save someone else the hours of time I've spent trying to figure it out.  As much as I tried to make it work, it wasn't until I contacted Adobe that I found out I was trying to do something that is not possible.  Sigh.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you can, you just have to do it outside of the multicamera sequence. And manually cut the tracks, enabling and disabling as you go. Kinda misses the whole point of using a multicamera sequence in the first place. which is one of the reasons that I rarely do. Yeah. I know your pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More to it than that.  I don't use dynamic linking, mp4's or variable bit rate anything.  None of the bells and whistles.  I still edit today, like I did before it was Pro.  Audio projects and AE are handled outside and brought in as complete assets.  All media is converted to the native MXF, Wave, and PSD (or tiff) that it likes, before hitting the bins.  I've dumped the Macs years ago and will remain in Windows 7 until the extended support expires, moving into Windows 10 on a new machine.

The alternative is to use another piece of software.  Well, worms come in many different cans and they all taste the same.  I've learned that it's more than just software and some poor support tech on the other end, drinking the free coffee and reading off the company provided script.  Find what works for you and stick with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines