• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcut go to next clip in timeline?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reading up on keyboard shortcuts, can't find one for this. In FCP it was page-up, page-down. Not here. How???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Make sure the timeline panel is selected before you use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow ( and Shift + Up Arrow, Shift + Down Arrow) keys.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant up arrow, down arrow in fcp.  There's gotta be a way in Premiere pro, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS6, in the timeline once the video/audio tracks are properly highlighted,  it's down arrow to go right, up arrow to go left. You don't say which version of PPro you have. Also, you may want to check the keyboard shortcuts to be certain. Make sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the timeline panel is selected before you use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow ( and Shift + Up Arrow, Shift + Down Arrow) keys.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't know I had to select the track. Ohhhhh, the learning curve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for bonus points, it doesn't work on the "out" point in your sequence.   So if you only have one clip in your sequence, you'll be pounding the down arrow and swearing, wondering why it doesn't work (which is how I spent my morning).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't know I had to select the track. Ohhhhh, the learning curve!

Thats why the SHift Key + Up/DN  action is handy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

in my case the issue is not solved: the track selected. When usind the standard Option+Lef or Option+Right the playhead doesnt go the next clip, but the the next "marker", I havn't set any markers, so it simply goes to the next clip in EVERY track, not just the one on which I'm working at the moment. 

So how can I restrict it to one track?

Doesnt even change anything if I make it a solo clip or not.

It would be a huge help, if you tell me how to solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the up/down arrow without any modifier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it jumps to the next track ubove or below respectively.

For now I have moved the track far right so that there is nothing on the rest of the tracks.

Which is an ad hock tinkering thing. 

I have acrually changed the shortcut to the up/down arrow just as you have written. Changing is just for congruence with Premiere but this is not the point here as you undestand.

My question is still how to actually make it possible to work on one track and the rest wouldn't  intervene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keep the track you want to move in as the only active track. If it is V1 you want to move in, toggle it a the only one with blue over it. Then use the up and down keys. As far as I checked, that solves the problem. It is actually mentioned in one of the previous comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines