• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Label Color timeline same that project window

Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, does anyone know if there is a preference or option that enables to change a label color for a clip in the project window and sync the change in label for the timelines?

I got a lot of timelines with preselect footage coming from different cameras, I'm editing in 2K and some footage is in 4K I would love to have a different color label for all 4K so when editing I know I can resize those clips in my 2k edit.

So the easiest way I found to do it is in project window add the metadata of frame size, and change label color for all 4K files. Problem is that it doesn't change to the timelines I already work on the edits. It just keep the color for new timelines when dropping the clips on the timeline.

Thanks

Adobe Premiere CC 2017.1.1

!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

label color.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

label color.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is it!!! thanks a lot !!!!!!!

you just save me lot of time with one click!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to maintain the color labels in a multicamera sequence.  Wouldn't it be nice to see all your multicam edits as different colors based on the original camera they came from.  I'm usually dealing with nested sequences so would the solution listed here also work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!
I don't know why, but when I installed CC 2019 this checkbox was disabled. In previous version I think it was enabled, because I was replacing an old audio to new mp3 audio with new label color and I can see that label color have been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see this option. I have the latest version installed. Is there another setting i need to enable in order to see this option? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been moved to the Timeline panel's wrench-icon menu. Source name/label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

been searching for this for hours. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Project Setting Window has changed.. where do I find this on the latest version of Premiere CC2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Project Settings > General

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.02.49 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks the same to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's F@ tick box! I was looking for it for a loooong time.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

does anybody disagree with me: It should be default that those colors change and if I don´t want them to update this is:

Tickbox with Text: If Name and Display Colors for all Insances can be different (click here) . 

I had to google why my color lable that I change does not display in the timline like I would expect it. 

Ask any Cutter worldwide and I promise you that this is the way this should work. 

And I am curious, why thius was changed or why someone would like to have it the other way around. 

And thanxs to the community that I could find it. 🙂

thanxs 

Peter 

munic 

cold and rainy 

rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.>Be content with what you have;
the whole world belongs to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, was using this a lot, now am in a Production, and I can't see this tick box anymore? Does this trick not work in a Production? Please how do I get label colours to follow from bin to timeline in a Production? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was by design removed from the Productions setup. As they figured that this could cause immense data mangling in projects, every editor messing up what other editors want to have for their lable markers.

It would be nice to have an over-ride and that has been requested. You could certainly go to the UserVoice system and search and up-vote any of the requests there for this, I think there are some. Or of course create a new request.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I can see the complications but would be great if a way could be found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, 

I came to this thread wondering why this was an option at all, and now I think I understand: I share a lot of projects and yes, I don't want to override any label settings another editor wants to use by default. I like having the label color sync'd for all instances (this just makes sense to my brain), but so long as the editor receiving a project from me is also aware of this setting (and can simply disable it), what's the harm? Your post makes me feel like I'm missing something essential.

Thanks for reading,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

onionbacon,

As soon as you set that to "all instances" ... you would then change the labels for every other editor working in that Production at that time. You're only thinking about editors working sequentially ... one at at time. But for many Production workers, there are multiple people working in that production at the same time.

So you're working away, with things as you want them, and suddenly while working the color labels change! I'm not seeing that as building good relations between editors.

And even for one-at-a-time work, it would be annoying if every time you went back to the production, you had to reset the color labels ... and had lost all the organizational  work you'd done through them.

It's quite a nut to crack.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been changed in 2022. Now it is in the sequence options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image_2021-12-30_214358.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, 

this is such a mess! 

for a very important tool to get a massive project structured. 

I am stuned by the way this is handled. 

the whole world belongs to you.>Be content with what you have;
the whole world belongs to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines