Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag when editing - stopping and starting video will not sync

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

This has just started happening and I dont know if it's a bug or a system error, BUT I'm having the exact same issue on both Mac (home computure) and PC (work computer).

I'm editing a short video together right now and almost every time I go to stop the video clip on the time line there is a pretty substancial lag between pressing the space bar and when the clip actually stops playing. This is making the editing process a bit of a nightmare. I try to stop on one section to cut a bad take and the clip just keeps playing even after I've cut the clip out. I have to phsically click on the timeline and hit the space bar again for the playback to stop and then start at the right location. Normally I just stop the play back, the little blue line thing freezes at the right place, I cut the clip, delete the blank space and hit play and everything is all good. But right now it's like hitting the space bar has a 10 second delay if it even stops the clip playing at all.

Is anyone else having this issue? I noticed that Ps and Ai are now 2021 version and Pr is still 2020, is there some kind of weird programming error happening? I've never seen both my computures have an issue like this. Everything was working just fine last week?

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue sporadically as well since the latest update (14.5). My co-worker has also experienced it too.

System specs:

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @3.60GHz

Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Vengeance 3300MHz DDR4

Graphics: Asus Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Storage: 2TB internal SSD (although all of my projects I work on are stored on external G-Tech 10TB HDD)

My coworker is working on a fully-specc'd Mac Pro cheese grater

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that makes me feel a little better? I mean it's not great, but thank you for replying and giving a bit of perspective on this being a possible update issue. Sorry your dealing with the same thing. Super annoying little bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah sorry I couldn't be of any help with it. I have noticed since the 14.6 update it has been significantly improved, if not resolved. Have you experienced the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere Pro lag seems to have resolved, but it's as if it morphed into lag on the Photoshop brush now, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Classic Adobe, all the best with that one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me, noticeable delay and now it continues to crash every time I jump between Assembly and Graphics or really anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. After Update the timeline lagg is totaly annoying. The playhead wont move an you only hear audio. How can a company provide such a version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines