• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking to export captions as transcript WITH timecode

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto caption feature is working pretty well, but I think the lack of time code on the exported text file is a huge huge mistake. Am I missing a setting or something? Thank you. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Once transcription is done, hit the 'Create Captions' button to build a captions track on your sequence. You can then go to the 'Captions' tab in the 'Text' panel and 'Export to SRT file...' via the three dots button (top right).

The SRT is a plain text file with timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Hi all, just updating this thread! When you export a .TXT file from Premiere Pro 23.0 it includes the timecodes and names of speakers. Here is a video tutorial that shows the process! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once transcription is done, hit the 'Create Captions' button to build a captions track on your sequence. You can then go to the 'Captions' tab in the 'Text' panel and 'Export to SRT file...' via the three dots button (top right).

The SRT is a plain text file with timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your directons but cannot open the SRT export as a text file. I can open the regular export as a tect file, but no time code. What am I missing? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows, your text program may not recognize the ".srt" extension. Open the text program (notepad, for example), then navigate to the srt file and open.

Similar for Mac.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or go in and change the extension to .txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish the text export with time stamps could be done from the transcript panel itself. When I exported it via Captions export, I gaines timecodes, but lost the speaker names. It also adds line breaks with every pause in the transcript. So I had to merge sections of captions. This makes things cumbersome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why if you export the transcript as a text file it doesn't include the timecode 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timecode (and speakers, if you edit and add them) was requested. It is included in the latest public beta versions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version # is the latest public beta version that you speak of?

Hi Stewart Shevin,

Stan Jones just posted in a community you follow.

Jul 28, 2021 11:29 AM in Premiere Pro Discussions
Re: Looking to export captions as transcript WITH timecode

Timecode (and speakers, if you edit and add them) was requested. It is included in the latest public beta versions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan,

What version # is the latest public beta version that you speak of?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only install the latest, which today is Build 80. (Updates are posted almost daily.) If you already have one installed, I first tested it at Build 74.

See my post here with more information about this feature.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/transcription-how-to-save-speaker-s-name-and...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update seems to have enabled timestamps, but I need transcripts without them. Any idea how I can export the old txts without timstamps in them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my response to your other post re the same issue with exporting captions as txt file. As a workaround, the same csv option is available for text export of transcripts.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works, thanks! Hopefully one day Adobe has an option for one or the other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all, just updating this thread! When you export a .TXT file from Premiere Pro 23.0 it includes the timecodes and names of speakers. Here is a video tutorial that shows the process! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines