Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost video on Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I am working on Adobe Premiere Pro CC and this problem has already happened twice:
I'm almost finishing the sequence and a window appears saying something like "the file has been redirected / something about the names of the files / some of the files will be lost" (sorry, I didnt catch the whole sentence). The only option in this window was the "OK" button.

After that, the whole project is gone. I close the program, and reopen the project - and its completely empty.
After that, I started making a new, different sequence and, just to be safe, I saved the original sequence AND some time later I saved a different copy in a different name.  Well, it happened the exact same thing, again. Not only the original sequence is empty as the copy I had made is empty too.

I would really appreciate if you could help me on this - cant find the solution anywhere.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
are your files in a hard drive or are they in an extrnal disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version number of Premiere Pro CC?
You may need to update.

If your files are on an external drive, you may need to assign a fixed drive letter to the external drive(s) in Disk Management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the informations given by my Creative Cloud account, all the available udpates were installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are in the computer, in the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again! I manage to take this sccreenshot - this is the window I was tellinng you about.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to translate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my comment below:
"  In EN :

"A new predefinition of the workpspace has been created in order to replace the outdated version. The changes made to the original predefinition of the workspace will be lost. Personalized workspaces (Saved as in a different name) will remain".

(This is a literal translation given that my Adobe is in Portuguese)  "

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In EN :

"A new predefinition of the workpspace has been created in order to replace the outdated version. The changes made to the original predefinition of the workspace will be lost. Personalized workspaces (Saved as in a different name) will remain".

(This is a literal translation given that my Adobe is in Portuguese)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this error sometimes happens when your workspace gets corrupted, so Premiere reset it, but this just ressets the layout of your panels, and doesn't affect your project.

You should be able to open your project as usual. Do you find your project in the "recent opened project" list? If not, do you find the .prproj file in your project directory where you saved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for your help.
Once I reopen the project (from my folders or Premiere itself on the "recent opened project") it is empty. It opens - but there's nothing there - as if I hadn't done anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout. I can press Alt+Shift+0 to do that. (0=zero)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for teh help.

Once I do that, will it solve the problem? (Meaning, this won't happen again?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No garantees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it. Everything is the same, unfortunately...
But thank you anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might want to contact Customer Care and ask for video queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines